Director for HIV & STI Prevention (New position) - Damien Center
- 20-Nov-2020 to 19-Dec-2020
- - Damien Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Director sets overall vision and priorities for HIV and STI prevention programs for the Damien Center. Ensures integration among all HIV prevention activities, including HIV/STI testing and counseling, PrEP services, Undetectable equals Untransmittable (U=U) promotion, education efforts to the highest risk populations, safe syringe services, and other prevention strategies. Advocates for health equity among historically disenfranchised populations including Black, Latinx, and transgender populations. Manages program budgets, grant scopes of work, and successful outcomes. Develops collaborations with other community prevention programs and internal integration with other agency services.
• Responsible for creating an agencywide plan with identified priority populations and key strategies that effectively prevents HIV and STI infections with a focus on reaching marginalized individuals including Black, Latinx, transgender, and other populations
• Manage the HIV/STI prevention programs and staff, including HIV/STI Testing, targeted outreach to those at highest risk, PrEP and PEP client engagement, U=U strategies, safe syringe services, and other best practice strategies
• Manage the PrEP navigation team, developing effective strategies to recruit new PrEP patients and helping patients to be educated, engaged, and have insurance to access services
• Manage and evaluate online, at-home, and/or low touch strategies for HIV/STI testing and PrEP services
• Establish crisis response strategies for PEP patients
• Establish culturally competent ways to engage those at highest risk for HIV/STI focusing on MSM, Black/African American MSM, Latinx populations, sex workers, and injection drug users
• Coordinate linkage and engagement strategies for individuals recently diagnosed or out of care
• Implements new prevention strategies and programs as they are identified and funded
• Develop safe syringe strategies and determine most effective ways to implement them
• Help create marketing and promotional campaigns with effective messaging; ensure target population feedback and participation
• Participate in evaluative and quality assurance activities to ensure professional accountability to the agency, funders, and clients served
• Coordinating with the clinical team to help expand STI treatment services
• Provide direct crisis intervention services when appropriate
• Develop and maintain client records including prevention plans and progress notes.
• Prepare both monthly and quarterly reports as required by program funder and program managers
• Supervise all staff on the Prevention Team, proving guidance and support as needed
• Develop and support working collaborations with other social service and mental health providers in the community
• Provide resources, consultation, and training on HIV/AIDS and STI prevention to agency staff
• Participate in health fairs, community events and agency speaking events in order to provide education and knowledge about HIV/AIDS/STI/s and services of Damien Center
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree Preferred
• Knowledge of HIV and STI infection and treatment required
• Fluent in Spanish preferred, but not required
• Experience working with diverse populations, including individuals with HIV/AIDS preferred
• Effective communicate both written and verbally
• Able to maintain confidential and sensitive information
• Able to manage multiple priorities and projects
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time
• Able to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Please Note the Following
• If a candidate is offered and accepts this position, successful completion of a background check is required.
• All employees are required to read and sign agency confidentiality statements, pass HIPAA training and requirements, and agree to all policies and procedures.
• Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.