Employment Coach - Southeast Community Services
- 20-Nov-2020 to 04-Dec-2020
- - Southeast Community Services, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- benefits available
Southeast Community Services (SECS) is seeking an engaging person to work with our neighbors on their career pathways. If you will bring that sense of excitement and knowledge to our neighbors, SECS wants to talk to you.
Southeast Community Services (SECS) is a community center located in the Fountain Square neighborhood of Indianapolis. SECS seeks an Employment Coach to provide employment coaching services to neighbors interested in career development and employment. The Employment Coach uses a human-centered coaching model to assist neighbors in determining their strengths, barriers, and skills related to employment. Using this information, the Employment Coach, together with the neighbor, develop a career pathway plan outlining the steps necessary to be successful. Neighbor follow-up for purposes of retention and advancement is an essential function of this position. Employer outreach and job development is also an aspect of this position.
We seek a person who is able to interact discreetly and effectively with neighborhood residents on a range of employment issues. The successful candidate will assist our site with the employment coaching component of the Center for Working Families model. This means a willingness to work flexible hours that best meet the needs of participants and participate in community outreach is essential.
1. Conducts intake and assessment of neighbors interested in receiving workforce development services.
2. Provides neighbors with career coaching using the principles of co-active coaching.
3. Assists neighbor in developing a career pathway plan outlining the services necessary for success.
4. Provides assistance to neighbors using the computer lab.
5. Purposefully engages with the neighbors to develop a professional relationship to provide services.
6. Provide team with informative, practical, and timely employment trends and opportunities.
7. Identify high growth employment sectors and potential employers.
8. Understand employers' business, culture, and human resource challenges. Gain keen insight into the skill requirements for positions employer seeks to fill or create.
9. Develop reciprocal business relationships that offer viable employment solutions and dual goal attainment.
10. Maintain relationships through ongoing communication with employers to identify ongoing partnership opportunities and areas of support.
11. Conducts trainings for groups of neighbors as needed.
12. Enters and maintains neighbor information into SECS data base (ETO)
13. Collects information from employers necessary to verify job placements and retentions.
14. Conducts employer visits as necessary to assist neighbors maintain their employment.
15. Maintains productive relationships with employers that hire neighbors.
16. Makes information available to interested neighbors about the services at SECS.
17. Works in a team environment to ensure neighbor success.
18. Represents SECS at a monthly neighborhood association meeting and other community events.
19. Performs other job-related responsibilities as necessary.
1. Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred but experience can be substituted for formal education.
2. Knowledge of a variety of Workforce Development strategies.
3. Culturally competent and able to work with diverse parents and family members.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and to work as a team member.
5. Ability to communicate in Spanish highly desired.
6. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
7. Good decision making and problem-solving skills.
8. Must have valid IN Driver's License, own reliable transportation with insurance as this position requires local travel.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by December 4.