Executive Director - Youth Mentoring Initiative
- 30-Nov-2020 to 29-Dec-2020
- - Youth Mentoring Initiative
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
About Youth Mentoring Initiative
Youth Mentoring Initiative ("YMI"), founded in 2008, is a school-based mentorship program with volunteer mentors from the community serving mentees one hour each week during school hours. YMI currently serves over 340 mentees within the Hamilton Southeastern School District, located in Fishers, Indiana.
YMI provides mentoring for students by building and sustaining a mentoring community with the highest level of service, integrity, encouragement, and empathy. Most importantly, we strive to continue cultivating our community by investing in our Youth.
It is the vision of YMI to provide mentoring for students by building and sustaining a mentoring community with the highest level of service, integrity, encouragement, and empathy.
It is the mission of Youth Mentoring Initiative to partner with the Hamilton Southeastern School Corporation and provide specialized mentor programs for students that encourage the development of personal values.
• Service: We believe that serving others is the highest form of leadership and the most effective way of improving the quality of our community.
• Integrity: We desire to have integrity be the driving force behind every effort we undertake.
• Encouragement: We strive to create a culture of encouragement at every level of our organization.
• Empathy: We understand that to impact our community we must be able to empathize with the individual's needs.
The 2019 – 2020 School Year YMI Outcomes Report can be found here:
This report shares survey feedback and outcomes from the YMI program.
The Executive Director shall oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of YMI. The Director shall project strong leadership qualities in the organization, contributing to the development of YMI as it relates to creating an effective, professional and organized culture. The Director shall be responsible for fundraising and making decisions regarding such issues as recruitment of mentors, training of staff and mentors, education of mentors, staff, and the community regarding the mission and vision of YMI, and personnel management as it relates to YMI.
The Director shall provide guidance to YMI by identifying goals, providing educational and training opportunities for personnel, assisting in developing and implementing new policies, and directing the overall operations of YMI. In addition, the Director shall provide leadership within the community and interact with various people of the community in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director works in concert with the board, staff, and volunteers to move YMI forward in the development and implementation of objectives that reflect the organization's vision, mission and strategic plan. In addition, the Executive Director shall report to the board about fundraising progress and organizational finances; assist in setting organizational budgets.
Leadership & Management:
• Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence as determined by KPIs and best practices for mentorship, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
• Actively engage and energize YMI volunteers, board members, committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
• Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing operations
• Lead, coach, develop, and retain YMI's staff
• Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
• Lead organization in developing diversity and inclusion strategy, pledge, and training for employees and mentors
• Manage corporate business filings, Guidestar, Charity Navigator and other systems pertinent to the operations of the organization
Fundraising & Communications:
• Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations
• Responsible for all aspects of communications in coordination with the Public Relations Committee 'from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
• Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
Planning & New Business:
• Be an external local presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for mentorship.
• Lead organization in developing an updated non-discrimination policy in line with diversity and inclusion efforts
The ED will be thoroughly committed to YMI's mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Preferred requirements include:
• Bachelor's Degree with at least 5 years of nonprofit experience; track record of effectively leading a nonprofit, program, or division; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
• Established relationships with Hamilton Southeastern School District Administration and/or track record of developing strong relationships with the local District.
• Ability to pass and obtain Safe Visitor Background Clearance and any other background clearance pertinent to the operations and outreach of YMI.
• Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
• Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
• Past success working with a Board of Directors or external committee with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
• Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
• Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Letter, Resumes and References
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, resume and list of references to Joseph G. Eaton.