Executive Director - Broad Ripple Village Association
- 14-Dec-2020 to 18-Jan-2021
- - Broad Ripple Village Association
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $60,000-$65,000 depending on experience
- Full Time
Founded in 1969, Broad Ripple Village Association (BRVA) is the oldest and largest volunteer organization actively working on initiatives that enrich the community, attract investment, and amplify public spaces to improve quality of life in Broad Ripple.
The Executive Director (ED) promotes and represents the BRVA to business and residential members, stakeholders (including elected and appointed officials) and local media. The ED provides leadership, management and/or support for all BRVA operations, projects and events. Management of BRVA business operations includes financial operations, office operations and oversight of assigned interns/volunteers or contract staff. The ED will collaborate with the Board to develop programming and relationships that further the mission of the BRVA. This is a unique opportunity to assist one of Indianapolis' premier neighborhoods during a critical time in its growth.
● Successful operations experience (3-5 years) in nonprofit organizations, including financial management, development (funding and/or membership), board development, and volunteer programming
● Outstanding marketing, presentation, interpersonal, and persuasive communication skills (oral and written)
● Successful experience working with political processes
● Strong organizational, project management, and event planning skills
● Demonstrated commitment to the mission and grass roots work of a business/neighborhood association
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
● Oversees all BRVA initiatives, projects, events, and day-to-day administrative tasks
● Work collaboratively with the Board to accomplish the BRVA's short and long term goals
● Strengthen and diversify the organization's funding sources
● Maintain and increase the residential and business membership base
● Develop an organizational infrastructure that supports the ongoing and daily work of the association
● Provide logistical support for Board Committees
● Assure timely communication regarding issues/events to the Board and Committee Chairs
● Manage all electronic communication: news releases, web updates, social media, email newsletters/notices
● Collaborate with board members and relevant nonprofits to implement new initiatives
● Work with the Board Treasurer to ensure accuracy/legality of federal, state, and local financial reporting
● Create and disseminate reports, budgets, and other data to allow committee members to think and act strategically
● Work with BRVA's accounting subcontractor to prepare any data required by IRS
● Supervise and provide guidance to volunteer/intern/contracted staff assisting with BRVA office operations
● Expand and engage the association's volunteer base
● Represent the association's interests at BRVA and other Broad Ripple/Midtown events
● Represent the BRVA at relevant PR events: including for media interviews and articles
● Hold regular office hours to maintain consistent presence in the neighborhood
Accountability: The Executive Director is hired by, reports to, and is evaluated twice yearly by the Board of Directors.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.