Communications and Special Projects Coordinator - Indianapolis Cultural Trail Inc.
- 18-Dec-2020 to 16-Jan-2021
- - Indianapolis Cultural Trail, Inc. (ICT)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Competitive compensation package
- Full Time
The Indianapolis Cultural Trail: A Legacy of Gene and Marilyn Glick is an internationally recognized linear park and bike and pedestrian pathway that seamlessly connects cultural districts, neighborhoods and destinations while also serving as downtown hub for the city's greenway network. The Indianapolis Cultural Trail includes five acres of lush gardens, a vibrant art and culture program and is open and accessible 365 days a year. The Trail has become the way by which most people experience
Built on public right of way, the Cultural Trail is managed by Indianapolis Cultural Trail, Inc, a non-profit organization, that works to throughtfully maintain the Trail and provide access to art, beauty, nature and healthy living. The Cultural Trail works in close partnership with the City of Indianapolis with many of our programs including Pacers Bikeshare and through a placemaking partnership with many of the downtown public spaces connected by the Trail including the Downtown
Canal, Georgia Street and Lugar Plaza. In 2021 the Cultural Trail will break ground on its first expansion.
Indianapolis Cultural Trail Inc is a team of motivated and enthusiastic individuals that take great pride in what we do with and for the community. We have a flexible work environment and encourage big ideas and creative thinking. We work with volunteers and community partners to help carry out our mission and rely on generous contributions from donors to keep the Trail beautiful and accessible for everyone.
The communications and special projects coordinator is responsible for implementing a digital marketing strategy and will be the primary point of communication for third party requests to use the Indianapolis Cultural Trail, the Downtown Canal, Georgia Street and Lugar Plaza. The communications and special projects coordinator will work with Cultural Trail staff to support existing and new programs and engagement activities and work closely with community partners. This role will support and be a part of leading special initiatives and projects for the organization. The position will report to the director of development and marketing and will work closely with multiple departments.
The communications and special projects coordinator is a full time, year-round exempt employee.
● Serve as primary point of contact for and maintain general communications with stakeholder groups
● Implement digital media strategy
● Create and distribute regular communications, including e-newsletters with multiple stakeholder groups
● Work closely with the community to field inquiries, collect feedback and identify areas of opportunity
● Assist with development and implementation of an internal system for requesting the use of the Cultural Trail and public spaces connected by the Trail
● Coordinate with multiple civic, private and community partners
● Maintain a calendar of community initiatives, programming activities and third party events
● Collect site usage data including, but not limited to conducting surveys and and soliciting post activity feedback, track participation in and the impact of community engagement initiatives
● Assist with community outreach and programming planning and implementation
● Act as a community liaison on behalf of the Indianapolis Cultural Trail
● Utilize diversity, equity and inclusion best practices
● Support special projects as necessary
● Other duties as assigned
● Experience using with social media and other digital platforms to support and enhance community engagement
● Demonstrated experience with managing multiple priorities
● Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or equivalent field
● Familiarity with downtown Indianapolis
● Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build rapport with strangers
● Outstanding written and oral communication skills
● Very detail oriented and the ability to manage multiple projects at time and problem solve
● Work independently, self motivated, enthusiastic and community driven
● Think creatively to conceive and implement new ideas
● Flexible, collaborative and adapt in a fast paced and public environment
● Eager and entrepreneurial attitude
● Willingness to work evenings and weekends, as needed
● Sense of humor
Competitive compensation package
Healthcare benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
Retirement plan with employer contribution
Paid time off
Free Pacers Bikeshare Membership
Free YMCA membership
Discounted Indy Cultural Trail merchandise
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and letter of interest to Rebecca Knoop.
Applications will be accepted through January 8, 2021 or until the position is filled.
Indianapolis Cultural Trail Inc is an equal opportunity employer.