Special Events Manager - Damien Center
- 18-Dec-2020 to 16-Jan-2021
- - Damien Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Donor Relations Team
The Special Events Manager is responsible for Damien Center's special events program including researching, creating, coordinating, and implementing all current and future Development‐led events and activities. This position manages all major fundraising events including Grande Masquerade, Dining Out for Life, Giving Society events and all other donor related activities and events.
• Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help the team make informed decisions about event possibilities
• Serve as the event liaison with vendors on event-related correspondence, decisions, and issues
• Prepare guest lists, manage materials, obtain auction items, develop registration lists, etc.
• Oversee and manage event budgets; as well as oversee event sponsorships and benefit packages
• Oversee the production of events, including content development, venue selection and site visits, data management, RSVP management, catering, and event‐day logistics/coordination
• Lead all event related meetings, ensuring proper communication with chairs and staff regarding event goals, responsibilities, roadblocks and follow‐up correspondence
• Develop and maintain high professional standards and procedures to produce events
• Maintain exemplary relationships with event chairs, committee members and vendors while identifying and cultivating appropriate new relationships
• Collaborate with team members to ensure that donor and attendee data is managed, recorded, and entered to the database
• Manage on-site production and clean up for events, as necessary
• Conduct post‐event debriefings to evaluate successful elements and challenges encountered, incorporating that information into the planning and execution of subsequent events
• Participate in development strategy sessions
• All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education plus experience required.
• Two years' experience in special events and/or event management required
• Experience with or interest in work with donors and donor relations preferred
• Experience with or interest in HIV/AIDS or the social service sector preferred
• Working knowledge of best practices in special events required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Experience with various software programs required
• Ability to work with diverse populations required
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong leadership skills required with the ability to lead volunteers
• Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to multi-task required
• Superior time management, prioritization and delegation skills required
• Ability to problem solve and employ abstract reasoning skills
• Must be self-motivated, work with limited supervision and be results oriented
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to work specific evenings and weekends as needed based on the event
• Ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds
Please Note the Following:
• If chosen candidate is offered and accepts this position, successful completion of background and reference checks are required.
• All team members are required to read and sign organizational confidentiality statements, complete HIPAA training and requirements, and agree to comply with all Damien Center policies and procedures.
Reports to: Vice President of Donor Relations
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.