Pharmacist (new position) - Damien Center
- 18-Dec-2020 to 16-Jan-2021
- - Damien Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Damien Pharmacy Team
The pharmacist is responsible for accurately reviewing and interpreting medication orders; preparing accurate and complete patient profile; reviewing profiles for correct drug, dosage, and route of administration; ensuring that a drug duplication or drug-drug interaction exists; ensuring that patient is not allergic to any medication prescribed. They can efficiently perform other professional pharmacy duties including the safe procurement, preparation, labeling, distribution, and control of all drugs. They actively support and participate in pharmacy activities recommended by accreditation agencies and regulatory agencies.
• Interprets, clarifies, and transcribes all medication orders accurately and timely.
• Documents medication order clarifications.
• Monitors medication orders and reviews patient profile to ensure appropriate drug selection and documents dosage recommendations.
• Advises patients and care providers of potential drug interactions, possible side effects, storage information, and instructions on how to use medications.
• Working knowledge of the Damien Pharmacy dispensing system.
• Becomes familiar with how to utilize the Damien Cares EMR for obtaining patient information when necessary.
• Work with other departments within Damien Cares/Damien Center to ensure patient's needs are being met to provide access to care.
• Oversee the daily activities of pharmacy technicians including verifying their order entries, filling and labeling of medications and any other duties related to completion of a patient's medication order.
• Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state Board of Pharmacy and the Drug Enforcement Administration by maintaining records for controlled substances and storage of controlled substances
• Dispenses controlled medications and maintains records as required by appropriate regulatory authorities.
• Inventories, orders, and maintains supply of drugs and other pharmacy supply items.
• Receives and store incoming orders, verify quantities against invoices, and reports any shortages.
• Monitoring pharmacy inventory for outdated and damaged drugs and processing returns to approved vendor for credit when possible.
• Transferring prescriptions to or from other pharmacy locations.
• Trains and supervises pharmacy technicians as assigned.
• Ability to operates point of sale system to accept payment from customers.
• Knowledge of options for patient receipt of medication if unable to pick up at pharmacy.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of pharmacy's policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of 340B program and procedures of the program as it pertains to pharmacy operations.
• Demonstrates ability to function as a team member in performance improvement review activities.
• Demonstrates ability to set priorities, work independently and cooperatively with others internally and externally.
• Maintains competencies and certifications necessary for administering injections.
• Performs all other duties as assigned by PIC/pharmacy manager.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• BS Pharmacy Degree or a Doctor Pharmacy Degree required
• May require additional certifications related to overall operations of Damien Pharmacy
• Experience working with diverse populations, including individuals with HIV/AIDS preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• The ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software required
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time
• Able to lift objects up to 50 pounds.
Please Note the Following
• If chosen candidate is offered and accepts this position, successful completion of background and reference checks are required.
• All team members are required to read and sign organizational confidentiality statements, complete HIPAA training and requirements, and agree to comply with all Damien Center and Damien Pharmacy policies and procedures.
Reports To: Pharmacist Manager
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.