Executive Director - Indianapolis Hebrew Congregation
- 21-Dec-2020 to 19-Jan-2021
- - Indianapolis Hebrew Congregation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Indianapolis Hebrew Congregation is a vibrant Reform Jewish synagogue in Indianapolis, Indiana seeking an Executive Director to complement our talented staff and lay leadership team.
Indianapolis Hebrew Congregation (IHC) is a Reform synagogue located in Indianapolis since 1856. We are comprised of approximately 825 family units in our community and have an annual operating budget of $3.8 million*. About 70% funded by a Gift from the Heart "dues" structure. We have a Religious School with over 250 students* and an Early Childhood Center (Nursery and Pre-K) with approximately 200 students*. We offer engaging prayer experiences for every demographic in our community, opportunities for lifelong learning, programs which engage our youth, various Social Justice programs, a Klezmer band and choir, as well as many "doors" of entry for congregants, their families, and others in the greater central Indiana community through religious, social, and volunteer opportunities. IHC owns two cemeteries in the Indianapolis area serving congregants and others seeking a Jewish burial location. Separate from IHC, the Indianapolis Hebrew Congregation Foundation (with over $5 million in total assets), which the Executive Director will manage, provides support for the Temple's operations. Our next Executive Director will be a thoughtful and collaborative professional who excels at multitasking, establishing a positive staff culture, strong organizational skills and empathic care for congregants and staff. (*Please Note - Budget, Religious School and ECC figures are prior to the COVID-19 pandemic).
• The Executive Director is responsible for the overall day-to-day management of the Congregation's administrative and financial affairs, including supervisory responsibility for all administrative, clerical, maintenance, and outside contracted personnel. Reporting to the Board of Directors through the President.
• The Executive Director's primary role is to implement the policies and direction established by the Board of Directors regarding the congregation's finances, facilities, member services, and operations.
• The Executive Director is the chief operating officer of the Temple and works closely with the Senior Rabbi, other senior professionals and the Board of Directors to provide a harmonious environment for the achievement of the congregation's mission.
• The Executive Director shall perform all responsibilities in consonance with the core values of the Temple.
• Bachelor's Degree with at least 5 years of nonprofit or for-profit management experience.
• Track record of effectively leading a nonprofit, for-profit, program, or division.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.