Youth Development Coordinator LEAD - Adult & Child Health
- 04-Jan-2021 to 05-Feb-2021
- - Adult and Child Health
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- extensive benefits package
Adult & Child Health Youth Development Program is seeking dynamic, positive, and youth-minded individual to fill the role of a Youth Development Specialist. Selected candidates will implement multiple evidenced base curricula to youth and parents throughout Central Indiana. The Youth Development Coordinator will engage, facilitate, and link youth and families through group and individual programming. The coordinator role will maintain professional working relationships with key stakeholders to ensure the grant project operates efficiently and effectively to best serve the youth and families. The Coordinator is responsible for supervising the program daily throughout the year and working with the YDP team leader to ensure that the grant is meeting organizational goals, performing contractual obligations, and supporting A&C mission. An ideal candidate would have experience/knowledge in mental health, substance abuse, LGBTQ+, sexual and reproductive healthcare, and adolescent health care rights. The coordinator should possess strong organizational and communication skills and enjoy working as part of an interdisciplinary team. This position will have daytime hours with some evenings as needed. Adult & Child share a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourage all individuals to apply for the position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Oversee, with support from the YDP team leader grant workplan, contractual obligations, and supporting A&C mission.
• Implementing and conducting recruitment for evidenced based curriculum (BotvinLifeSkillsTraining and Be Strong Families: Parent and #WOW Cafes)
• Facilitating group sessions with Transition Aged Youth (ages 15-19) and Parents in Marion and Johnson County
• Assist with continuous quality improvement, including evaluation of program and services
• Engaging & Linking youth to resources in the community
• Support in coordination and engaging key stakeholders in grant project efficiency
• Remain fiscally sound within approved budget standards
• Support and empower Youth Development Team in training and support to achieve team and organizational goals.
• Bachelor's Degree in social work, sociology, psychology, education, gender studies, public health or other like degree
• Experience with BotvinLifeSkillsTraining and Be Strong Families: Parent and #WOW Cafes is preferred but not required
Adult & Child Health offers an extensive benefits package that includes:
• Mileage reimbursement
• Work/life balanced flexible scheduling
• Employee Assistance program EAP
• 401K with Employer Match
• 9 paid Holidays
• A generous PTO plan
• Health benefits package that includes health, with prescription coverage, dental, vision, life, short-term disability and long-term disability
• Staff Development allowance with continuous staff development and training
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.