Marketing Sales Coordinator - Indianapolis Zoo
- 04-Jan-2021 to 25-Jan-2021
- - Indianapolis Zoo
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- competitive benefit package (medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 403b)
The Indianapolis Zoo offers a unique, beautiful setting to groups and individuals looking to hold their meetings or events in the heart of Indianapolis.
Our Marketing Sales Coordinator position is an entry level role within the Zoo's Marketing department, specifically serving as a training position for future advancement into a Group Sales or Corporate Sponsorship position. The successful candidate will have a polished, professional image, a very outgoing personality, and a drive to succeed in sales. Some experience in sales, marketing, the hospitality industry, or a related field is preferred, but not required.
Additionally, the Sales Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Marketing team and will directly support Group Sales and Corporate Sponsorship staff and serves as a backup for advertising/special event and public relations staff. Responsibilities may require working week-ends and evenings as needed.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Produce accurate, timely reports.
- Participate in the weekend event duty rotation.
- Answer phones, respond to inquiries, take messages.
- Conduct on-site prospect/client tours as needed, and assist with on-site promotions and prospect events.
- Create, implement, organize and communicate project details to the team.
- Work indoors and outdoors, in varied weather conditions.
Requirements of the position include:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Marketing from an accredited institution is required.
- Indiana Driver's License (or ability to obtain one), and a driving record that is deemed insurable by the Zoo's insurance carrier.
- Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation skills are required.
- Extremely organized, deadline and detail driven, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook, and intermediate knowledge of Excel.
The Zoo offers a competitive benefit package (medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 403b).
Successfully passing pre-employment testing, including drug test, driving record check and criminal history check is a condition of employment.
Click the APPLY button to complete an on-line application
- In the "Position Desired" section of the on-line application, please enter "Marketing Sales Coordinator".
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Meet the application deadline of January 25, 2021.
- The names and contact information of three (3) professional references. References are either current or former supervisors, or someone who can speak knowledgeably about your work history, abilities, and skills. Please do not list relatives and friends as professional references.
Only online applications are considered. Mailed, faxed, or delivered applications are not accepted.
The Indianapolis Zoo is proud to be a drug free/ smoke free/ child-safe/ EOE work environment.