Membership Donor Relations Manager - Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians & Western Art
- 11-Jan-2021 to 12-Feb-2021
- - Eiteljorg Museum
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians & Western Art is currently accepting resumes for the position of Membership Donor Relations Manager. We are seeking an outstanding professional to grow and build the membership program and annual fund program. There are many wonderful arts institutions in the city of Indianapolis, even more regionally and nationally. Why should someone become a member or donate to us? This person will help grow programs to answer that very question.
If you have a passion for the arts and an appreciation of the diverse stories we tell, this position might be for you. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, positive, and enjoy working with people.
- MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and evaluate quarterly individual marketing plans to recruit, acquire and retain members, including, but not limited to, direct mail campaigns, electronic communications, promotions, development of appropriate materials necessary for executing plan successfully, ensuring timely mailing of membership materials such as membership cards, renewal notices, invitations, and other fulfillment activities; respond to membership inquiries as appropriate.
- Responsible for budgetary management pertaining to membership functions, including monitoring and reporting on expenses and developing revenue projections; maintain close adherence to quarterly membership goals and statistics (renewal and acquisition rates, membership category growth, etc.).
- Plan and organize membership activities to recruit, acquire and retain members. Such activities include but are not limited to: exhibition previews, trips, members' receptions, online events such as Zoom events for members, and collaborations with other institutions. Maintain membership records in Raiser's Edge, development software.
- Maintain solid relationships with sales and front line staff, providing training and incentives to sell memberships, evaluating membership benefit utilization and effectiveness annually, and making recommendations for benefit changes/enhancements when needed.
- Work with marketing department to evaluate and maintain accuracy and effectiveness of membership presence on museum web site and in recruitment efforts; fulfill internal and external requests for mailing lists from database.
- Support and coordinate all aspects of the museum's major donor group, Eagle Society, alongside the VP for Advancement. Including but not limited to, managing direct mail processes and acknowledgements, maintaining accurate records/files, planning the Eagle Society yearly calendar, assist in planning Eagle Society events, including planning yearly Eagle trip, creating annual appeals for Eagle prospects and members.
- Coordinate annual fund solicitations, including both direct mail and email campaigns. This includes writing stories for use in campaigns, working with marketing team to schedule mailings and e-blasts, pulling mailing lists from Raiser's Edge, and ensuring all needed materials are available for these campaigns.
- Assist with other museum special events and activities as identified by supervisor.
- Fulfill donation requests from outside organizations for their fundraisers. Work with volunteers to get these mailed on a timely basis.
The candidate needs an understanding of the nonprofit sector, with 3-5 years experience. This job requires a person who enjoys writing, yet planning stewardship events; data, yet working with the public; collaborating with a team, yet motivated while working independently. You will work within the advancement department as part of the development/fundraising and marketing/communications team. This position collaborates with all departments within the museum so internal and external communication skills are high priority.
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and cover letter, or mail to Lezlie Laxton, Dir of HR, Eiteljorg Museum, 500 W Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46204.