Resource Coordinator – Partners in Housing
- 11-Jan-2021 to 12-Feb-2021
- - Partners In Housing Development Corporation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
To act as a positive role model by partnering with residents to develop activities and services which empowers residents to self-sufficiency. This position works with residents to identify their skills and abilities in promoting optimal personal growth resulting in the elimination of the cycle of homelessness
- Assist residents in identifying and applying knowledge, skills and behavior related to maintaining permanent housing
- Comply with the Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Maintain communication and coordinate resident services with in-house staff as well as external, community resource agency staff.
- Maintain a professional demeanor, appearance, and boundaries with residents, staff and vendor contacts 100% of the time
- Respond to crisis situations and mitigate potential negative consequences related to anxieties.
- In conjunction with residents, work with interdisciplinary team of service providers and partnering agencies to increase communication, set and monitor goals, evaluate outcomes and adapt approach as necessary.
- Support primary service providers in encouraging and monitoring residents in achieving care plan goals.
- Work positively with a blended management team to ensure building standards are consistently met. Communicate with team members regarding building operations to include building inspections.
- With the Director of Support Services and community managers, design and implement daily activities that promote recovery, employment and personal growth.
- Advocate as necessary on behalf of all residents, CoC or non (i.e., public assistance, social security, financial and rental payments, primary case managers, probation, VA, etc.).
- Assist with community outreach initiatives with organizations that can assist our residents in becoming self-sufficient.
- Perform assessments and interviews with applicants.
- Keep proper and timely records/statistics on activities, including hardcopy file and electronic entry in ClientTrack.
- Attend all required training and staff meetings to ensure individual and professional growth.
- Be available after hours for emergency calls regarding caseload.
- Assist residents in finding appropriate transportation to meet their needs.
- Effectively manage caseload of residents, including all required resident metrics as directed by the Director of Support Services.
- Conduct home and office visits.
- Bachelor's degree in human services field, masters of social work highly preferred. If no degree, must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience working with homeless persons and/or low income persons.
- If the candidate has a Bachelor or Masters degree in the field, prefer a minimum of 2 years experience working with homeless and/or low income persons.
- Possess valid Indiana driver's license and current auto insurance.
- To have an understanding, appreciation and commitment to the mission and philosophy of Partners in Housing.
- Utilize strong, clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be well-organized and be able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Utilize above basic computer skills.
- Utilize above basic math and analytical skills.
- Have a clear understanding and respect for formerly homeless persons and individuals facing barriers
- Practice professional, respectful and discrete behavior.
- Clear ethical boundaries including respect for resident confidentiality.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of, and adherence to the NASW Social Work Code of Ethics
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.