Director of Technology & Operations – LifeJourney Church
- 25-Jan-2021 to 26-Feb-2021
- - LifeJourney Church
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary commensurate to experience, education, and credentials
- Full Time
LifeJourney Church is seeking a full-time Director of Technology & Operations. We're seeking someone with strong technology skills (especially in video streaming/recording, audio engineering, projection equipment and presentation software) coupled with a willingness to learn several key operational areas (social media, bookkeeping, and management of building/grounds). We are an inclusive, multicultural congregation of 300 that welcomes and celebrates all people – black, white, and brown; married, divorced, and single; gay, straight, and trans; young and old; rich and poor. We are passionate about following Jesus, serious about the Bible, theologically open-minded, justice-oriented, and genuinely diverse. For more information, see www.LifeJourney.church.
The Director of Technology & Operations will divide their time among the four principal areas described below. We are looking for someone with strong skills in technology and a willingness to learn and grow into the other areas. This position is a blend of hands-on work coupled with managing and mentoring talented volunteers.
- Coordinate and support the technical aspects of excellent, authentic, and innovative worship.
- Aggressively develop our worship livestream to the highest industry standards, leveraging technology, volunteer team members, and external service providers.
- Recruit, lead, train, and oversee the volunteer team responsible for audio, visual, lighting, and staging.
- Prepare audio-visual aspects of worship, including video and slides.
- Support the technical aspects of special events such as weddings, funerals, VBS, and Christmas and Easter programs.
- Oversee maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrades of audio/visual, publication, and other technical equipment associated with worship.
- Oversee maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrades of computers and other office equipment and databases.
Social Media & Communications:
- Manage, update, and continue to develop all aspects of our websites, including providing technical and strategic leadership in web development.
- Manage and grow the social media presence of our church, with support from the staff team.
- Oversee layout, design, and content of all print, digital media, web, wall-display, signage, and internal church communications (including Weekly News), with an eye to consistent branding.
- Oversee the maintenance of our building and grounds.
- Manage three rental houses adjacent to the church.
- Ensure that the following volunteer teams consistently operate at a high level: cleaning team, mowing team, and gardening team.
- Schedule usage of the building, maintaining a master schedule.
- Coordinate and oversee repairs, upgrades, and renovations to the building.
Bookkeeping & Purchasing:
- Perform basic bookkeeping activities, including recording transactions in the congregational database and bookkeeping systems, writing checks, and paying bills, with the support and guidance of the church Treasurer.
- Serve as primary purchase agent for the church.
- Ensure that the volunteer counting team consistently operates at a high level.
The person who fills this position must . . .
- Be the kind of person who thrives while juggling these diverse operational areas.
- Be a great team player who provides timely, high-quality support for the various departments of the church; maintaining strong "client relations" with department heads and key volunteers; and managing multiple projects and volunteers at once.
- Care deeply about getting the details right to achieve excellence in worship and ministry.
- Stay abreast of current trends in print/web/mobile design to ensure we are on the cutting edge of technology and producing culturally relevant content and designs.
- Have basic competence in sound engineering.
- Be technically comfortable and competent with a wide range of office and worship equipment, hardware, and software.
- Have basic competence in graphic design technology and tools.
Education and Experience
The person who fills this position must . . .
- Have a bachelor or associate's degree in technology or another area of study related to job responsibilities – or demonstrate equivalent competence from work experience.
- Already have strong technology skills, with a willingness to learn and grow into the other areas of the position.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Jeff Miner, Senior Pastor.