Chief Financial Officer - Edna Martin Christian Center (EMCC)
- 01-Feb-2021 to 02-Mar-2021
- - Edna Martin Christian Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
For 80 years, the Edna Martin Christian Center (EMCC) has provided resources, opportunities, and encouragement to families living on the near northeast side of Indianapolis. During that time, EMCC has grown steadily: expanding and initiating programs, recruiting staff, and securing funding from local, state, and federal sources and donations from public and private entities. Today EMCC provides wrap-around services for residents of all ages, from infants in our childcare to older adults in our Senior Angels program. Our staff occupy two locations and serve over 3000 individuals annually. EMCC works closely with a diverse network of community partners to build capacity, share resources, and amplify collective impact throughout the Martindale Brightwood community and surrounding neighborhoods.
EMCC is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to oversee its financial operations and work as a key member of the Executive Team. The CFO directs treasury, budgeting, audit, compliance and accounting services for the corporation and related entities. The CFO will assume a strategic role in providing information and support to the President/CEO, Executive Staff, and the Board of Directors in the development and implementation of financial strategies that support the mission of the Edna Martin Christian Center. The CFO will work closely with the Board Finance and Fundraising Committees and will act as primary contact with external audit firms. This position will direct EMCC's Finance Team, and work closely with other Executive Team members to ensure excellent grant reporting compliance across the agency.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field and CPA/CMA required
- Minimum 5 years nonprofit accounting and finance experience with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role and 2 years in a senior management role.
- Substantial experience in partnering with Boards to ensure fiduciary responsibility and sound financial management practices
- Proven experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues including federal grant compliance and single audit experience
- Demonstrated experience working with cash flow projections, endowment fund management and capital expenditures
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, and integrity; maintain strong organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; proficiency in MIP Fund Accounting software preferred
- Provide input into organizational strategic planning and risk management initiatives
- Initiate/Oversee the budget process which requires collaboration at all levels within the organization and consideration of organizational goals
- Leverage a keen understanding of generally accepted accounting principles in overseeing all aspects of accounting operations, including all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting;
- Analyze and report on company's financial results with respect to surpluses and deficits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets and forecasts on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, or as required
- Develop/review and coordinate all relationships with lending/financial institutions and insurance providers
- Monitor and follow up on collections of grants receivable to be reported
- Develop/review and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensure that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepting accounting principles.
- Assist senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drives and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes; coordinate and/or prepare tax schedules, returns and information
- references the organization's past operations to support predictions and develop strategy for the future in addition to managing the accounting function. The person in this role requires a keen understanding of general accepting accounting principles and applicable regulatory requirements and the ability to assess financial indicators. In addition, this person should successfully manage and coordinate audits; oversee the design, documentation, and monitoring of internal controls over financial reporting; and provide input needed by other EMCC leaders in order to fulfil their fiduciary duties and develop successful organizational strategies.
- Oversee all finance department functions and the performance and professional develop of its staff
- Review/assess accounting and related administrative tasks for opportunities to streamline and strengthen internal controls'with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.