Director of Marketing and Communications - 500 Festival
- 01-Feb-2021 to 02-Mar-2021
- - 500 Festival
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The 500 Festival, an Indianapolis based non-profit corporation, produces nearly 50 annual events and programs reaching over 500,000 people and creating a $20 million positive financial impact on the city of Indianapolis. The organization originated in 1957 as a community led initiative to celebrate and support the Indianapolis 500 race. The mission of the 500 Festival is to produce life-enriching events and programs while celebrating the spirit and legacy of the Indianapolis 500® and fostering positive impact on the city of Indianapolis and state of Indiana.
Events and programs include the IPL 500 Festival Parade, Salesforce & JPMorgan Chase 500 Festival Kids' Day & Rookie Run, the 500 Festival Memorial Service presented by Rolls-Royce, the 500 Festival Princess Program, the 500 Festival and Indianapolis 500 Education Program presented by Indiana University Health, the 500 Festival KidsFit program and many more. Two significant and financially impactful events for the organization are the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon and the Delta Dental 500 Festival 5K both of which occur on the first weekend in May.
We are seeking a Director of Marketing & Communications to develop, manage and execute marketing throughout the organization and its events and programs.
This position reports to the President & CEO of the 500 Festival and will be responsible for enhancing communications, marketing and promotions with stakeholders and participants, developing and executing a comprehensive integrated marketing communication plan for the organization across all of its events and programs, identifying opportunities for growth and increasing event registrations, ticket sales and participation.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for creating value through marketing programs that drive brand awareness as well as increase registration and ticket sales. This highly visible role will work across all departments and collaborate with others to develop and drive efforts to enhance customer value. Direct reports include a Digital Marketing Manager, Marketing Coordinator and Senior Graphic Designer. We are looking for a candidate with skills and background relevant to the below essential functions and qualifications:
- Experience driving increased registration and ticket sales utilizing communications, promotions, marketing and sales strategies
- Development and execution of an Integrated Marketing Communications Plan
- Manage advertising strategy, ensuring the proper message reaches the target audience through appropriate channels and media placements
- The ability to represent the organization including its mission and events to achieve positive outcomes and effectively communicate its brand
- Establish and execute media and promotional partnerships
- Media placement including traditional and digital
- Creating, managing and driving growth in digital properties, which include mobile apps, web sites and social media platforms.
- Working knowledge of digital media executions and tactics (online ads, SEO, key word search, click-through rates, etc.)
- Content creation and oversight to include social media, press releases, programming and web site
- Comfort and capability with public speaking and media interviews
- Collaborative and coordination skills and success working with various constituents internally and externally to ensure all organizational goals and programs are executed and delivered with proper messaging
- Knowledge of Photoshop, PowerPoint, illustrator and other relevant software applications
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Self-starter, proactive, and comfortable multi-tasking
- Team Player with strong leadership and development skills
- Excellent research and analytical thinking skills
- Creative and able to think around problems and offer solutions
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent written and grammatical skills, including strong presentation skills
- Collaborative team player able to work with a variety of departments and different personalities
Candidates with directly relevant skills and background including at least 10 years of experience are encouraged to apply.
Click the APPLY button to submit statement of interest and introductory letter as well as resume.
The 500 Festival is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. No relocation assistance provided.