Senior Director of Community and Capacity – Purple Ink LLC
- 01-Feb-2021 to 02-Mar-2021
- - Purple Ink LLC
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Do you want to be in a leading role at a key human service and mission-driven organization in Central Indiana? Are you a connector- able to forge partnerships and work collaboratively with various community organizations to further the mission? Can you set a vision and lead a team to see it through to its attainment? If so, this position may be your dream job come true!
Our client recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve its mission. The Senior Director of Community and Capacity is responsible for leading a team to support the capacity of the human service sector and engage with community-based organizations to build trusted partnerships. This position will be responsible for capacity and infrastructure grantmaking, community-based partner engagement, network convening, sector capacity building and leadership development, capacity and engagement data tracking, and policy implications related to the capacity of the sector as a whole.
The Senior Director will be a part of a key leadership team and be responsible for working collaboratively with stakeholders. The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience and results in strategic development/implementation, relationship management, and leading a productive and effective team.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
LEAD team to meet impact goals around community partner engagement and capacity building, while fostering a high level of team performance, team development, trust and collaboration.
SET THE VISION and regularly refine a vision for our community-based partner relationships and capacity building activities that align with donor intentions, community need, and organizational goals.
LEAD investment strategy around capacity funding, including facility grants, capital grants, technology grants, contingency grants, capacity grants, and others as needed.
DEVELOP AND EXECUTE STRATEGY to strengthen community relationships, grow our team's knowledge of our community, foster partnerships, and build trust in UWCI among community-based partners.
DEVELOP AND EXECUTE STRATEGY to foster leadership development opportunities in the human service sector.
DEVELOP AND EXECUTE STRATEGY to build capacity in the human service sector through trainings, mentorship, volunteerism and/or other tactics. CONVENE community-based partners and BUILD networks and cohorts around service areas, populations served, and peer learnings and INCORPORATE community voice into strategy and execution.
MEASURE SUCCESS of identified projects and initiatives ensuring effective systems to track progress, evaluate program components, measure success, and initiate quality improvements.
COLLABORATE closely within impact team to meet impact strategic goals, as well as across fundraising and marketing teams to meet organizational goals.
MODEL OUR VALUES through proactive leadership that is visible in daily behaviors. Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
- At least eight (8) years of experience working in a relevant field, including human services, leadership development, or community affairs.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred. Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
- Experience managing a team required.
- Experience with strategy development required.
- Grantmaking and community investments experience preferred.
- Experience using systems thinking to identify barriers and levers for change preferred.
- Experience with relationship management and leadership development preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate accurately, effectively, and in ways appropriate to different audiences from grassroots community members to CEOs.
- Strong writer, with the ability to review, revise and synthesize a variety of information
- Hard worker with high standards for outcomes and strong value in excellence.
- Ability to work effectively and collegially across the organization and audience groups.
- Knowledge of the Central Indiana region highly desirable.
Click the APPLY button to apply through our website now.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER