Program Manager - Cancer Support Community South Central Indiana (Bloomington)
- 01-Feb-2021 to 02-Mar-2021
- - Cancer Support Community Central Indiana
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
Exciting position in our newly launched Bloomington extension of the Cancer Support Community Central Indiana
Cancer Support Community is a global non-profit network consisting of 175 locations, including the 26-year-old affiliate in Indianapolis. The centers provide support through wellness classes, counseling, educational resources and more.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the coordination and management of cancer patients and their family members in Bloomington, IN and the surrounding communities. The five main aspects of this job include:
- Counseling Duties
- Management Duties
- Marketing Duties
- Outreach Duties
- Documentation/Data Entry Duties
There may be other duties as assigned. This is a fluid position that will continue to grow and change over time. Flexibility and the ability to increase services for patients and caregivers is a must.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and conduct support group intakes and administer distress screenings for both cancer patients and caregivers.
- Maintain a counseling client load of 15 individuals.
- Facilitate support groups and/or education classes as assigned (These may be late night groups/programs or on the weekends. Flexibility is required.).
- Conduct ethically responsible individual counseling sessions and maintain documentation including intakes, assessments, progress notes, and termination forms.
- Plan, develop, and teach psychoeducation classes as assigned.
- Manage any programming between Cancer Support Community South Central Indiana (CSC-SCI) and IU Health Bloomington
- Mange all contract staff working with CSC-SCI. Meet with contractors regularly and keep their numbers in your phone for emergencies.
- Hire new contractors as needed.
- Verify and submit payroll on time.
- Manage the CSC-SCI relationship with IU Health Bloomington. This includes attending meetings, being on committees, forming relationships with staff members at hospital site, and keeping lines of communication and referral open and working well.
- Manage and mentor marketing and clinical interns. This includes supervision and teaching marketing interns how to pass out comfort kits and teaching art therapy interns to pass out art kits.
- Update and manage referral and resource system to assure the data remains accurate and current.
- Room set up for programs or teaching your contractors to set up is part of this job.
- Developing reports for IU Health Bloomington on a monthly basis, or as requested by hospital management.
- Ensuring all contractors, volunteers and interns have a reserved room to implement their programming.
- Oversee integrated boutique once bricks-and-mortar location is operational.
- Develop, print, and distribute marketing tools including handouts, flyers, and calendar of events for new and upcoming programs. These must be checked and placed monthly.
- Handout comfort kits on site on a weekly basis or find an intern that can do this piece for you. This includes Emma's Art Kit Distribution as well.
- Learn all hospital staff members names and hand them flyers about upcoming programs on a regular basis.
- Volunteer to be in meetings or on development teams in hospitals as appropriate.
- Always be looking for new referral sources in the south-central region.
- Seek out, register, and attend health fairs. Coordinate any volunteers or materials needed.
- Take materials to local medical professionals, faith organizations, community centers, non-profits, libraries, food pantries and grocery stores to help promote programming at your site.
Documentation/Data Entry Duties:
- Maintain statistical data for south-central region.
- Maintain statistical data on counseling clients seen both by you and interns.
- Maintain statistical data on referral sources and professional referrals.
- Perform data entry for all your assigned contractor's programming and events.
- Perform data entry for all counseling and classes done by self and interns.
- Assist with special programming at the CSC main office such as fundraisers and community events.
- Attend CSC staff meetings and keep the staff current on south-central programming.
- Some weekends and evenings will be required.
- Must possess reliable transportation in good working condition.
- Design and maintain revolving schedule for program and service surveys.
- Maintain 90% satisfaction rate for programs and services (through surveys).
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Must live in the Bloomington, IN area (within 15 minutes of Bloomington downtown)
- Master's degree in mental health counseling, social work, marriage and family therapy or related field.
- Licensed or completing hours to become license eligible in the state of Indiana.
- Experience in individual counseling and group therapy.
- Program planning and coordination experience or willing to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Cultural Competency
- Proficient in crisis management and problem solving.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with staff, participants, community and business partners, donors as well as sponsors.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume now.