Development Director/Manager - Cancer Support Community South-Central Indiana (Bloomington, IN-based)
- 01-Feb-2021 to 02-Mar-2021
- - Cancer Support Community Central Indiana
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
Exciting position in our newly launched Bloomington extension of the Cancer Support Community Central Indiana
Cancer Support Community Central Indiana:
Cancer Support Community's mission is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action and sustained by community. CSC's program employs a holistic approach to cancer healing and recovery built upon five core areas: psychosocial support, education, wellness, social connectedness, and information, assistance, and referral. All programs are provided free to cancer patients and their loved ones across central Indiana.
Shall design, implement and guide a successful and comprehensive annual program to financially support the organization in the south-central region of the service territory (Bloomington-based). This program shall include areas of donor cultivation and giving, grant research and individual donor requests and other diverse fund-raising activities.
Responsibilities/Essential Job Requirements:
- Managing and overseeing Hoosiers Outrun Cancer run/walk (including assisting in fundraising, marketing, day-of activity planning, managing the volunteer planning committee and working in tandem with the President & CEO, Development Manager Events and VP of Development to ensure a successful event.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring a plan and calendar for a cohesive approach to annual fundraising activities including:
- individual contributions of all sizes
- grants from foundations, corporations, government and other institutional funders in the south-central region
- corporate sponsorships and co-marketing ventures
- special events
- pro-bono/in-kind contributions
- donor cultivation
- planned gift identification
18. Physical/Mental Requirements:
Qualified candidates will have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to function successfully in a professional team structure. Candidates should also have the ability to build positive relationships with volunteers, donors, and staff. This position requires the ability to be responsive and flexible in a dynamic and evolving organization. Must have transportation and travel throughout the south-central region of Indiana and regular trips to and from Indianapolis. Must be able to work independently and collaboratively to handle multiple projects and deadlines. Occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Four-year bachelor's degree required; master's degree a plus.
- Minimum of three years of fundraising experience with 5-plus years being preferred
- Strong planning, organizational, supervisory, writing, computer (word processing and spreadsheets), database management, oral presentation and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- The willingness and ability to personally solicit gifts.
To learn more visit: www.cancersupportindy.org
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume now.