Director of Alliances and Giving – Parks Alliance of Indianapolis
- 01-Feb-2021 to 02-Mar-2021
- - Parks Alliance of Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Parks Alliance of Indianapolis – formerly the Indianapolis Parks Foundation – is an Indy-based, non-profit organization and proud partner of the Central Indiana Community Foundation. We exist to demonstrate the transformational power of parks by connecting resources to needs. Our purpose is to be listeners first; to direct our time and talent towards parks and programs that exhibit the highest level of transformational value; to define what's possible and exceed expectations; to ensure sustainability; to inspire change; and to quantify impact.
We believe a city is only as great as its public spaces.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: DIRECTOR OF ALLIANCES AND GIVING
The ideal candidate for The Parks Alliance (TPA) Director of Alliances and Giving is, at their core, someone who believes in the transformational power of parks, and possesses the ability to align people's interests in parks and trails with giving. The candidate should have solid experience in philanthropy and individual giving solicitation, corporate sponsorship procurement and fulfillment, innovative event planning, and have a resolute focus on building relationships. The candidate should possess a high attention to detail, be very organized, can successfully manage multiple projects at once, and hold a high personal standard for accountability.
Position reports to: Vice President Position is: Full-time, exempt
- This position is focused on soliciting developed revenue, and is responsible for generating philanthropic and corporate partnership revenue to support TPA annual operations
- Sets developments goals for TPA staff and board, and builds toolkits for success
- Expands individual giving campaign(s) working closely with Communications Manager and Development Coordinator for effective implementation
- Ensures quality and frequency of sponsorship fulfillment, and provides guidance in this function to Communications Manager and Development Coordinator
- Maintains existing relationships with corporate supporters, individual donors, and philanthropic organizations, as well as identifying new alliances
- Develops sponsorship levels and benefits program that enhance partner experience
- Provides strategic support to TPA President and Vice President to achieve fundraising and strategic plan goals set by TPA staff and board of directors
- Oversees coordination of event logistics for TPA fundraising events, as well as develop at least one new, or multiple event(s) with the purpose of fundraising and building awareness
- Contributes a high level of energy, positive attitude, creative solutions, and opens a new sphere of influence to the TPA team
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The following are the qualifications and minimum requirements necessary for a person to perform this job:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree and/or 4 years of experience in development, philanthropy or corporate partnerships;
- Minimum (5-7) years in professional environment, which may include internship experience;
- Background that includes demonstrated commitment to fundraising and development;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet designated deadlines;
- Possesses a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail with excellent organizational and workload prioritizing skills;
- Ability and willingness to work with Bloomerang (donor database platform).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to write clearly using proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation;
- Proficiency with basic office equipment and extensive knowledge of MS Office products is required;
9. Experience working on the Internet and with integrated database software is also required;
10. Passion and understanding of the mission of The Parks Alliance of Indianapolis;
11. Ability to work effectively as part of a team and work independently with little supervision; 12. Ability to effectively interact and communicate with others in a professional and appropriate manner;
13. Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary;
14. Ability to travel between multiple office locations, attend off premise events, and possession of a valid driver's license and reliable personal vehicle.
NOTE: Please Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
What is your greatest achievement outside of work?
Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
If you had to choose one, would you consider yourself a big-picture person or a detail-oriented person and why?
What is your favorite park? Or park memory?
What is your requested salary, salary range, and/or salary history?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume now.