Clinical Specialist (part-time) - The Milk Bank
- 01-Feb-2021 to 02-Mar-2021
- - Milk Bank
- Indiainapolis, IN, USA
- $25,000 - $42,000 (Annualized FT)
- Part Time
Looking for a position that makes a difference? Join the lifesaving team at The Milk Bank as a Clinical Specialist. The Milk Bank (TMB) is a living tissue bank dedicated to combatting infant mortality. TMB provides pasteurized donor human milk for premature and ill infants across the Midwest via Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs), hospital settings, and outpatient programs. The Milk Bank strives to ensure that every child has access to safe, lifesaving human milk and is committed to helping more infants celebrate their first birthday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable to achieving or exceeding process targets for donor intake, screening, approval, follow up and general support.
- Responds to inquiries regarding the milk donation process and provides information to potential donors and to the community.
- Guides potential donors through the screening guidelines as per TMB policy and HMBANA guidelines; Becomes familiar with national safety standards as well as HIPAA.
- Maintain accurate, ongoing, and organized records including clinical charting and data entry.
- Contacts and follows up with health care providers to insure timely and accurate completion of the donor medical release forms.
- In consultation with the Clinical Director supports outpatient programs and services coordinating new and existing outpatient orders; ensuring all necessary documentation is completed; monitoring requests for financial assistance; and providing education on safe PDHM handling.
- Assists in the coordination of Milk Drive/Drop events
- Represents TMB at outreach events and presents information of TMB programs and services in a professional manner.
Required Professional Characteristics:
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion efforts including attention to combatting health disparities.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and communicates effectively and timely with external partners and staff.
- Handles competing priorities while consistently meeting deadlines
- Actively seeks to give and receive constructive feedback
- Requires ability to work independently or as a participating member of a team.
- Excellent time management skills and superb work ethic.
- Welcomes other duties as assigned
Experience and Education:
- Associate degree or similar combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient in basic computer literacy and willing to learn new technology.
- Experience in a human services field such as healthcare, social work or education is desired.
- Preferred qualifications (not required): Bachelor's Degree, Certificate in Lactation Counseling, Spanish Speaking
The Milk Bank Values and Culture:
The Milk Bank is a small team that strives for high levels of collaboration while maintaining clear role definitions and accountability. Successful team members value self-awareness, a problem-solving orientation, comfort with clear feedback and direct communication, the ability to manage change, a priority on equity and strong customer service mindset.
Under the direction of the Clinical Director this position provides direct service and support to donor mothers as well as recipient families. Serves in a core case management capacity.
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and cover letter. First review of applications on or before February 8, 2021. Rolling application acceptance. Open until filled.