Transitional Living Program House Director - Trinity Haven
- 01-Feb-2021 to 17-Feb-2021
- - Trinity Haven
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Competitive salary
- Full Time
- benefits package offered
Trinity Haven's Transitional Living Program is a housing option in which up to eight LGBTQ youth choose to live in a shared house that offers community, activities, and staff support. The TLP House Director is a full-time, live-in position and provides overall management of the Transitional Living Program, with a focus on fostering community among residents, directing activities and programs, attending to safety and security, and responding to evolving community needs.
Trinity Haven will offer safe, welcoming, affirming housing for LGBTQ youth/young adults. Trinity Haven will provide each resident housing and services to prepare them for independent living, as they work alongside a case manager to build an individualized plan that leads to their independence. Support services will focus on education, employment, well-being and self-sufficiency and are designed to create an atmosphere of acceptance, community and belonging. At Trinity Haven, residents will find a safe harbor and professional staff that are warm, welcoming, and affirming. Our hope is that no LGBTQ youth in Indianapolis has to spend the night on a park bench or under a bridge ever again.
- In coordination with Trinity Haven's Executive Director, plan and lead the operations of the Transitional Living Program in line with Trinity Haven's mission, vision, values, strategic objectives and program philosophy.
- Co-create community with and for residents, with a focus on youth choice, youth voice and self-determination.
- Supervise and work collaboratively with the TLP Resident Assistant and supplemental hourly staff.
- Assist Executive Director with interviews for prospective new residents.
- Provide house orientation for new residents.
- Serve as primary responder for any emergencies.
- Know and abide by all house policies and ensure that house policies are being followed by residents.
- Establish a professional, supportive relationship with each resident and serve as a role model and resource.
- Foster community among the residents.
- Organize communal meals and weekly house meetings with the residents.
- Organize additional programs and activities designed to meet the needs of the residents (i.e. bring in a yoga instructor or art therapist).
- Facilitate appropriate connections with residents to the wider community.
- Facilitate resolution of disagreements among residents.
- Be attentive to house safety and perform evening security checks of house perimeter and common areas.
- Perform regular property checks and report any maintenance or repair needs to the Executive Director.
- Maintain inventory of food and other home supplies; shop and restock as needed.
- Help maintain a clean, pleasant, and safe living environment.
- Complete weekly reports.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings.
- Attend scheduled Youth Action Board meetings.
- Conduct quarterly safety checks of rooms in accordance with house policy.
- Together with Resident Assistant, turn over rooms for new residents.
- Serve as a positive representative of Trinity Haven in the community.
High school diploma/equivalency required. Two+ years' experience working in a residential facility desired. A BA or BS in the field of human or social services, or other appropriate degree, is desired. Life or work experience in principles-based youth work, home or property management, and leadership are required. Experience with and commitment to radical hospitality, community building, and restorative justice preferred. Understanding of power, privilege, and systems of oppression preferred. Must be at least 25 years of age. A valid Indiana driver's license and a satisfactory MVR is required for this position. A clear DCS history, and clear criminal and sex offender background checks is required. E-Verify is required. CPR and First Aid certification are required.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by Feb 17.