Transitional Living Program Resident Assistant, part-time - Trinity Haven
- 01-Feb-2021 to 17-Feb-2021
- - Trinity Haven
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Competitive salary
- Part Time
- benefits package offered
Trinity Haven's Transitional Living Program is a housing option in which up to eight LGBTQ youth choose to live in a shared house that offers community, activities, and staff support. The TLP Resident Assistant is a part-time, live-in position; in exchange for room and board, the TLP Resident Assistant remains on-site and on call for two 24-hour periods each week and attends to safety and security; responds to any emergencies; and helps foster community.
Trinity Haven will offer safe, welcoming, affirming housing for LGBTQ youth/young adults. Trinity Haven will provide each resident housing and services to prepare them for independent living, as they work alongside a case manager to build an individualized plan that leads to their independence. Support services will focus on education, employment, well-being and self-sufficiency and are designed to create an atmosphere of acceptance, community and belonging. At Trinity Haven, residents will find a safe harbor and professional staff that are warm, welcoming, and affirming. Our hope is that no LGBTQ youth in Indianapolis has to spend the night on a park bench or under a bridge ever again.
- Uphold Trinity Haven's mission, vision, values, strategic objectives and program philosophy.
- Report to and work collaboratively with the TLP House Director.
- Co-create community with and for residents, with a focus on youth choice, youth voice and self-determination.
- Work collaboratively with supplemental hourly staff.
- When on call, provide house orientation for new residents when needed.
- When on call, serve as primary responder to any emergencies.
- Know and abide by all house policies and help ensure that house policies are being followed by residents.
- Establish a professional, supportive relationship with each resident and serve as a role model and resource.
- Assist the House Director in fostering community among the residents.
- When on call, facilitate resolution of disagreements among residents.
- When on call, be attentive to house safety and perform evening security checks of house perimeter and common areas.
- Perform regular property checks and report any maintenance or repair needs to the Executive Director.
- Help maintain a clean, pleasant, and safe living environment.
- Together with House Director, turn over rooms for new residents and conduct quarterly safety checks in accordance with house policy.
- Serve as a positive representative of Trinity Haven in the community.
High school diploma/equivalency required. Two+ years' experience working in a residential facility desired. Life or work experience in principles-based youth work, home or property management, and leadership are desired. Experience with and commitment to radical hospitality, community building, and restorative justice preferred. Understanding of power, privilege, and systems of oppression preferred. Must be at least 25 years of age. A valid Indiana driver's license and a satisfactory MVR is required for this position. A clear DCS history, and clear criminal and sex offender background checks is required. E-Verify is required. CPR and First Aid certification are required.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by Feb 17.