Impact Operations Manager - United Way of Central Indiana
- 08-Feb-2021 to 09-Mar-2021
- - United Way of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Upper $40’s to Lower $50’s
- Full Time
- Complete Benefits Package Available
United Way of Central Indiana recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Impact Operations Manager is a part of the Impact Division team. This position will assist with overseeing the team's processes, timelines, financial tracking, compliance, reporting and information related to grants and contracts of UWCI's Impact division. This position will be the inter-department liaison that ensures the Impact team is providing the information and support necessary to other divisions. In addition, the position actively participates in supporting the activities and goals of the Impact Division and collaborates across the organization to ensure operational success.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Process Management for the Basic Needs, Family Opportunity, and Social Innovation Impact Funds. Manage timelines and processes to successfully execute the annual competitive grant process for these three funds, as well as others that may develop over time.
- Develop, Implement and Maintain operational processes, CRM database, and best practices across the Impact team. Participate in the development of timelines, analysis, reporting and related decision making.
- Collaborate with the organizational Operations Team to maintain relationships, encourage communication, and ensure continuity of processes.
- Collaborate and Manage tracking tools focused on financial expenditures and reporting deadlines across all Impact grants and contracts with Grants team. These tools will assist with the coordination of Impact strategies across the organization.
- Monitor organizations reporting compliance related to United Way's grants and contracts in coordination with the Grants team.
- Support Impact Leadership in the execution of all impact strategies as needed beyond the Impact Funds.
- Supervise and Lead the Impact Operations Coordinator to maximize efficiencies in matters related to Impact funding supports.
- Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
- Model our values through proactive leadership that is visible in daily behaviors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
- Must have familiarity with business and financial principles and experience with budgeting and forecasting.
- Must have expert level Excel skills with the ability to build and use PivotTables, Charting data and formatting Charts.
- Must have the ability to analyze and synthesize information from a variety of sources and make recommendations to Impact Leadership Team to inform current and future work of the Impact Division.
- Project management skills with demonstrated ability to execute and follow through to achieve intended results, by following through on commitments, prioritizing work, and managing time and resources well.
- Must have the ability to work independently with little-to-moderate oversight, while providing consistent and complete communication to ensure the Impact Leadership Team and appropriate Impact team members are informed and engaged.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and over time with different leaders and stakeholder groups associated with each project.
- Hard worker with high standards for outcomes and strong value in excellence.
- Capable of applying adaptive problem-solving skills in response to unforeseen challenges and new assignments.
- Ability to work collegially and diplomatically across the organization and audience groups.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University required. Two to four years related experience preferred. Proficient with technology and how to use technology to communicate and present information. High proficiency in the use of Excel, Access, and Power Point is required. Complete knowledge of managing data, administering databases, and high comfort level with the creation of forms and reports required. Knowledge of not-for-profit organizations preferred. Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
- Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
- Work-from-Home, virtual office setting through at least April 5, 2021.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Thinking Strategically
- Stakeholder Experience
- Effective Communication
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.