GIFT Program Coordinator - Indiana Philanthropy Alliance
- 08-Feb-2021 to 09-Mar-2021
- - Indiana Philanthropy Alliance
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary is competitive
- Full Time
- Benefits include group health coverage, which includes dental and vision; life insurance; short and long term disability coverage; health savings and flexible spending accounts; employer sponsored retirement plan; and paid time off.
Join Indiana Philanthropy Alliance (IPA), a powerful network of foundations, corporations, and other social investors working together to lead change, improve lives, and lift communities through effective philanthropy. Members hold $21 billion in assets and make over $850 million per year in grants. Giving Indiana Funds for Tomorrow (GIFT) technical assistance has supported the development of community foundations in each of Indiana's 92 counties by providing hands-on support and professional development to staff and board members.
The GIFT Program Coordinator is a full-time (40 hours per week) position with a primary focus on supporting the GIFT Technical Assistance team's educational and networking events, programming, and communications for the Indiana community foundation field. Essential skills include good communication, self-motivated, willingness to work in a team environment, and excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. This role assists with IPA meetings, events, and programs and supports the VP of Community Foundation Programs and GIFT Director of Programming with program logistics and other program-related activities, including both internal operations and in an outward facing role with members. Growth potential includes a greater leadership role in networking events and group facilitation, participating and contributing to the vision and themes of IPA programming, and development of expertise in the operations and various roles and functions of community foundations.
Principal Responsibilities (essential job functions)
- Coordinate the calendar of programs, meetings, and workload scheduling for the GIFT team at IPA.
- Supports IPA programs and meetings by organizing content, preparing program materials, and assisting in the execution of webinars and other programming, as available.
- Coordinate and deliver communications to the participants of GIFT programming.
- Edit program videos and post online to IPA website, working with the IPA communications team.
- Support IPA staff by reviewing communications for content and grammar.
- Assists with the data collection, organization, and dissemination of survey information related to GIFT programming and the community foundation field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience. Previous experience working within a non-profit organization, communications, a community foundation, and/or in a grant-making foundation is desirable.
- Proficient with basic technology platforms and programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Salesforce and Drupel are desirable.
- Experience using and editing web and social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Grant writing and development experience an added asset.
Essential Skills and Experience to be Successful
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
- Strong ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Well-developed relationship building skills with multiple stakeholder interests.
- Perform as a self-starter.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Commitment to the values and mission of Indiana Philanthropy Alliance.
Physical Requirements of Position
- Majority of job is located inside office setting during regular business hours of operation, but occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
- Regular use of keyboard.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, bend, and stoop.
- Flexible schedule that allows for conducting trainings at different times and locations.
- Able to drive for travel around state.
- Consistent sitting for many hours at a time.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions.