Child Development Center Teacher - Flanner House Child Development Center
- 08-Feb-2021 to 09-Mar-2021
- - Flanner House of Indianapolis, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Flanner House Child Development Center was established at Flanner House over 80 years ago. This program is designed to provide quality early childhood education for low income working parents. Our program utilizes the Core Knowledge Curriculum and assess student progress with the Brigance Assessment. All of the teachers are CDA certified by the State of Indiana. The FHCDC is also licensed by the State of Indiana and has earned a Level 4 Paths to Quality certification.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Child Development Associate Certificate (CDA) required
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally in a professional and ethical manner
- Comply with Indiana laws pertaining to employees in a licensed child care center: criminal history, central registry, TB screen, medical physical and urine screen
- Work schedule: Monday – Friday between the hours of 6:00am – 6:30pm as scheduled/as needed. Evenings and/or few weekends for training purposes, as needed
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervising children, managing classrooms and implementing a developmentally appropriate lesson plan. To support children's development of age appropriate skills in the areas of language, arts, socialization, independence, fine/gross motor, cognition, science, mathematics, and technology.
- Prepare children to successfully meet and exceed developmentally milestones, which will promote the acquisitions and skills and identify talents to promote the personal best in each child.
- Work daily with children to create environments that are in compliance with Indiana Rules for a Licensed Child Care Center (FSSA-BCC), National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA), and Paths To Quality from 6:00am -6:00pm.
- Supervise and interact with children by maintaining a safe, nurturing and developmentally appropriate environment.
- Serve meals to children in observance of the Child and Adult Food Care Program Guidelines.
- Must have these Trainings: First Aid/CPR, Universal Precaution, Child Abuse and Neglect, Safe Sleep, Health and Safety – Modules 1-4.
- 30/24 Training Hours in Early Childhood Education
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.