Administrative Specialist - Rock Steady Boxing, Inc.
- 15-Feb-2021 to 16-Mar-2021
- - Rock Steady Boxing
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Rock Steady Boxing, Inc. is an Indianapolis-based Nonprofit Organization that provides individuals living with Parkinson's disease hope through a non-contact boxing-based fitness curriculum. Founded in 2006 by former Marion County (Indiana) Prosecutor, Scott C. Newman, who is living with Parkinson's himself, Rock Steady Boxing, Inc. was the first boxing program of its kind in the Country. There are now over 800 affiliate locations independently owned and operating in all 50 states in the U.S. and 16 International countries/territories. The mission of Rock Steady Boxing is to empower people with Parkinson's disease to fight back!
**For more information regarding Rock Steady Boxing, Inc. or our mission, check us out at https://www.rocksteadyboxing.org
We are currently looking to add an Administrative Specialist to our team! This is a part-time (20 hours/week) role with the possibility to transition to full-time (40 hours/week) in the future. The Administrative Specialist reports directly to the Development & Operations Manager and will support both the Affiliate Services and Development & Operations teams as well as the President. The ideal candidate will have a desire to learn, be flexible and demonstrate great attention to detail. As an Administrative Specialist, you will be fully immersed in the day-to-day operations of the Rock Steady Boxing mission!
· General Office Support – process incoming mail, invoices and donations as well as general office administration support
· Maintain Donor Database – data entry, tracking pledge statuses, sending thank-you letters, etc.
· Accounts Receivable/Payable – collect/process all internal and external invoices and expense reports, as well as processing outgoing invoices/checks to vendors (overseen by Manager); filing of invoices, donor acknowledgements and donations weekly
· Timesheets/Payroll Support – bi-weekly collection and entry of all employee timesheets; other payroll support as needed
· Additional job duties and functions as assigned by Manager, Affiliate Director and/or President
IDEAL SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Displayed reliability and work ethic through previous professional, education and/or personal experience
· Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
· Data Entry experience preferred
· Experience with Microsoft Office products, Quickbooks and/or DonorPerfect preferred, but not required
· Accounts Payable/Receivable or basic Accounting experience preferred
At Rock Steady Boxing, Inc, we provide hope and improved quality of life for individuals living with Parkinson's disease. We hope you will consider joining our Team (and this Fight) today!
Click the APPLY button to apply online now. In your cover letter please address the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in working at Rock Steady Boxing?
2. What is your experience with basic accounting functions?
3. Please list any skills or certifications you have related to this position
4. What are your long-term career goals?