Donor Services Specialist - Wheeler Mission Ministries
- 15-Feb-2021 to 16-Mar-2021
- - Wheeler Mission Ministries
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Donor Services Specialist assists the Director of Donor Services in facilitating donor giving and relationships through approved processes and accurate recording of information. Daily tasks require a high level of accuracy and critical thinking and include cash handling, donor communication, data request fulfillment, and reporting using Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge NXT.
Wheeler Mission Ministries is committed to giving hope that changes lives through transformational relationship with Jesus Christ. Wheeler Mission Ministries considers every position one of ministry and a vital and valued part of our team. Therefore, it is essential that all employees of Wheeler Mission ministries have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our Mission, Vision, and Core Values. Employees are encouraged and expected to share the Gospel as opportunities arise.
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Possess a sincere love of Christ and maintain a Christian walk that is evident of that love. Individual must be willing to sign and adhere to the Wheeler Mission Statement of Faith
- Aptitude for databases with a high level of detail orientation, accuracy and problem solving
- Interpersonal Skills – maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits a willingness to try new things, responds to donor requests with kindness and attention to detail, works cooperatively in a team setting
- Adaptability – adapts well to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events while consistently producing the required results
- Communications – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, makes donors & co-workers feel valued through written or verbal information
- Dependability – consistently at work and on time, willing to work overtime when required, follows instructions, responds to management direction, solicits feedback to improve personal performance, and completes tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Process and record all incoming funds, both donations & receivables, accounting for each item and storing them appropriately.
- Obtain and maintain accurate information in donor, event participant, volunteer and prospect records.
- Maintains professionalism, thankfulness, and positive outlook when handling constituent requests through mail, e-mail, in person, and over the phone.
- Completes reporting and database upkeep tasks as requested and shows initiative to identify and resolve inaccuracies on an ongoing basis.
- Values and keeps confidential the information stored within Wheeler Mission's database.
- Seeks to grow and learn in both job tasks and Christian walk.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing this job the employee is required to talk, hear and type. This is largely a sedentary role. At times to properly store donor records, it would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool or step ladder as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 35 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice at the discretion of the employer (WM).
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of high school degree or its equivalent
- An ability to type a minimum of 35+ words per minute with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software
Preferred Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree
- Experience in Blackbaud's donor database the Raiser's Edge
- Possess a valid state issued driver's license
Background Investigation and Drug Testing:
- After a "conditional offer of employment" is made, the individual must pass a background investigation.
- After a "conditional offer of employment" is made, the individual must sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Wheeler Mission Ministries has a mandatory drug testing policy for all new employees. The successful applicant must submit to and pass a drug and/or alcohol test. This drug and/or alcohol testing may occur any time after the applicant receives a conditional offer of employment. All employees must sign and adhere to WM Drugs and Alcohol policy and remain free from addiction to drugs or alcohol.
This position on occasion will supervise 1-5 volunteers at one time for specific office tasks or at a fundraising event.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time 40-hour per week position, generally with some flexibility working primarily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening or weekend overtime work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day. Weekly trips to the bank may be required.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.