Executive Assistant - Damien Center
- 15-Feb-2021 to 16-Mar-2021
- - Damien Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center provides client-centered social services focused on care coordination, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community. Damien Cares is a separate nonprofit that offers individuals living with HIV in Central Indiana access to infectious disease care and primary care. The clinic also offers medication to prevent HIV infection and counseling for those at substantial risk for contracting HIV. The partnership between Damien Center and Damien Cares enables us to address both the medical and supportive services need of our patients, a key factor in ensuring that they can achieve self-sufficiency and thrive. Damien Center and Damien Cares are co-located and integrate care to offer innovative solutions to the HIV epidemic in our community. Damien Pharmacy is a new addition to our organizational divisions as well.
The Executive Assistant provides professional administrative support to ensure Damien Center operates in an organized, efficient, and professional manner. The position provides day-to-day administrative support to the President and CEO and the Vice President of Talent Management. The Executive Assistant demonstrates strong leadership skills in working with management, staff, donors, and board members to accomplish the strategic goals of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to the President and CEO, including but not limited to calendar management, expense report management, mail processing, and travel coordination while keeping the CEO updated and informed related to appointments and meetings.
- Communicates directly to Board members, donors, and other community leaders on behalf of the President and CEO.
- Serves as the administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and its committees, including updating membership rosters, managing meeting invitations, communicating logistical details, copying, and distributing appropriate handouts, taking meeting minutes at all committee meetings, maintaining files, and other tasks assigned.
- Researches and prioritizes incoming issues that affect the organizational leadership team and determines the appropriate course of action.
- Provides administrative support to the Vice President of Talent Management and other talent team members when needed.
- Provides support to other leadership team members as requested or assigned.
- Coordinates meetings, including conference room management, attendee management, materials preparation, room set-up, and issue resolution.
- Provides limited administrative support to the Vice President of Donor Relations, including but not limited to database entry, donor visit coordination, and sponsorship packet organization, scheduling management with certain projects as requested by the Vice President of Donor Relations.
- Maintains assigned filing systems including creating copies, making pdf documents, saving files to the shared drive, and other needs as identified.
- Assist with grant-related materials such as printing proposals, securing signatures, and mailing when appropriate.
- Assists with or manages various special projects, staff trainings, and other general office tasks as needed or assigned.
- Serve as back-up for front receptionist, as needed.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail according to established protocols.
- Greet and assist visitors who are meeting with leadership team members.
- Ensure conference rooms remain straight, clean, and stocked.
- Ensure that the mailroom supply closet is stocked, office supplies are inventoried in the Administrative area, and supplies are in stock by placing orders and conducting cost analysis between Amazon and Office360.
- Maintain oversight and rosters of internal committee members and notify Program Managers of a staff's interest in joining an internal committee.
- Assist in taking minutes for internal committees as requested, including monthly Manager's Meeting.
- Serve as the Client Grievance Liaison and will deal directly and impartially with the client on all matters regarding the complaint including contact, scheduling of meetings, updating documentation and files, and the final client signatures.
- Prepares invoices for payment and coordinates with the financial officer as requested.
- Coordinate scheduling and distribution of employee badges in conjunction with having IT Manager sync the badge to all printers.
- Other administrative duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Experience in working in the nonprofit sector and with a Board of Directors desired. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
Minimum of a high school diploma or GED required, Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred. Two to three years of administrative assistant experience required with five or more years preferred. Experience in nonprofit and/or medical setting preferred. Able to sit for long periods of time. Able to lift objects up to 25 pounds.
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.