Development Director - Indiana United Methodist Children’s Home Foundation, Inc.
- 15-Feb-2021 to 16-Mar-2021
- - Indiana United Methodist Children’s Home Foundation, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $55,000 - $80,000, commensurate with experience.
- Full Time
Make an impact in the lives of youth in crisis by working for a growing Indianapolis-based Foundation that supports the growing 106-year-old Children's Home in Lebanon, Indiana.
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the executive director, the Development Director is an integral member of a new and growing dynamic Foundation team that supports the mission of the Indiana United Methodist Children's Home in Lebanon, Indiana.
The opportunity for success in this position is exciting as the Foundation plans for major campaigns. The focus of this new position is on major gifts and legacy giving.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting and upholding the mission of the Indiana United Methodist Children's Home Foundation.
- Assisting with planning, guiding, implementing, and evaluating legacy and major gift fundraising initiatives to meet the needs of the Home's strategic plan for growth.
- Scheduling and conducting in-person tours and in-person and virtual conversations with potential and current funders to cultivate and solicit financial contributions and legacy intents.
- Maintaining and growing donor recognition societies and gift clubs.
- Collaborating and assisting with corporate and foundation giving strategies.
- Collaborating with volunteers, staff and constituency groups to meet fundraising
objectives and goals by identifying and cultivating prospective donors.
- Leading the development and implementation of a volunteer recognition award
- Demonstrating flexibility in meeting the needs of the Foundation's mission to support
the Children's Home.
• Bachelor's degree in philanthropy, non-profit administration, business administration, marketing, communications, finance, or similar area of study.
• Five or more years of professional fundraising experience required, with demonstrated success in achieving fundraising goals.
• Planned giving experience with successful legacy conversations preferred.
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
• Demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to create personal relationships with a diverse variety of stakeholders (donors, sponsors, and volunteers)
• Demonstrate desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
• Demonstrate success as a "self-starter" and goal driven to initiate donor visits and achieve fundraising goals.
• Event planning experience a plus.
• Grant experience a plus.
• CFRE certification a plus.
• Ability to thrive in a fun team atmosphere.
- Working Conditions:
- Opportunity to help develop position priorities and goals.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with priorities and plans that may rapidly change.
- Required to use personal or rented vehicles to drive to off-site locations.
- Required to travel to donor visits, meetings, and other events.
- Flexible scheduling and opportunity for remote working to meet personal needs.
- Occasional weekend or evening work may be required.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.