Director of Development - Volunteers of America Ohio & Indiana
- 15-Feb-2021 to 16-Mar-2021
- - Volunteers of America of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
As a member of the philanthropy team, implements donor-centric strategies and initiatives designed to garner support from individuals, corporations and foundations. Coordinates and supports all fundraising activities including donor identification, donor cultivation, donor solicitation, and donor stewardship in assigned area. Prepares and submits funding proposals. Plans and executes annual fundraising events and special donor cultivation events. Develops and maintains corporate, organization, and foundation relationships. Works closely with Executive Vice President of Development and Communication to support organization's fundraising program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements a donor-centric strategy to build and diversify the organization's donor base of individual donors and increase annual gift revenue.
- Manages, cultivates and stewards portfolio of Restoring Hope Society Members, mid-level donors and major donor prospects.
- Oversees donor relations activities including monthly giving program, moves management of low-level donors to mid/high level donors, and donor stewardship.
- Cultivates and manages relationships with corporation, organization and foundation philanthropic representatives.
- Manages time and resources in order to develop, direct, and otherwise provide support for philanthropic events and corporate giving programs.
- Ensures all corporate and foundation plans, strategies and activities are designed and implemented in a synergistic manner with other organizational plans, goals and activities.
- Prepares and coordinates grant writing process, including relationship building, grant project development and applications, and follow-up stewardship with funder(s).
- Cultivates and stewards individual donors, including creating, implementing and managing individual donor stewardship plans.
- Supports employee giving campaign and related activities.
- Manages donor related events, tours and the annual fundraising breakfast.
- Supports major gifts and planned giving program, and special fundraising campaigns.
- Works with Development Operations Manager to track, report progress, record contacts, visits in the donor data management system; and donor, funder prospect research.
- Provides oversight to direct mail donors in region, focusing on stewarding and upgrading donors.
- Works with Executive Vice President, Development and Communications and marketing communications team on all forms of donor communications including print and digital.
- Serves as a representative or spokesperson of Volunteers of America, as necessary.
- Responsible for engaging the community in work we do through volunteerism, advocacy and development of opportunities; conducts speaking engagements.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty with accuracy, a high level of satisfactory skills, and with minimal supervision. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or education and experience required:
A Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of fundraising experience and proven success in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual donors, including face to face relationship building and solicitation.
Experience with establishing, cultivating and stewarding donor relationships. Research and analytical skills and donor database proficiency.
Attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.