Community Engagement Coordinator - Hamilton East Public Library (HEPL)
- 15-Feb-2021 to 16-Mar-2021
- - Hamilton East Public Library
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Hamilton East Public Library (HEPL) is seeking a full-time (40 hrs. per week) Community Engagement Coordinator who is passionate about building community connections. This new position will focus on increasing HEPL's presence in the community and providing community members with meaningful library volunteer experiences. This position also supports the work of the library by assisting in securing funding partnerships and grants.
HEPL is a highly collaborative organization, so the ideal candidate will have superior communication skills and will be adept at working as part of multiple teams. Attention to detail and a commitment to prompt follow-up are important traits for the successful candidate to demonstrate. This position requires a bachelor's degree and experience working with community organizations, events, and/or volunteer programs and may require weekend, evening and/or offsite work. The hiring range for this position is $35,500-$40,000 annually. This position will be posted internally and externally.
HEPL is an equal opportunity employer and considers all individuals without regard to sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, participation in military service or any other protected status. HEPL will comply with its obligation to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Identifies, prioritizes and coordinates opportunities for HEPL presence at community events sponsored by organizations that share common goals.
- Works with HEPL Engagement Team and Marketing and Communications Team to customize HEPL involvement at events.
- Supports offsite programs and events hosted by HEPL.
- Works with Staff Engagement and Experience Managers to incentivize staff participation in events.
- Manages and expands the HEPL volunteer program to create meaningful engagement opportunities for community members.
- Acts as administrator for volunteer management software.
- Trains HEPL staff who manage volunteers in their areas.
- Works with Staff Engagement to organize meaningful opportunities for staff to volunteer in the community.
- Assists Innovation and Partnerships Manager in developing funding partnerships.
- Participates in Person-in-Charge rotation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience working with community organizations, community events or volunteer management.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.