Manager, Fundraising Data Analytics - Riley Children’s Foundation
- 15-Feb-2021 to 05-Mar-2021
- - Riley Children’s Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Manager, Fundraising Data Analytics plays a critical role in meeting the Foundation's strategic goals by utilizing industry best practices to gain insights into our donor constituents using Foundation systems to complement the development teams' relationships. The Manager proactively develops, implements and evaluates strategies for effective systems that support fundraising. Additionally, the position focuses on tools and research that increase the size and quality of the prospect pool. The Manager works closely with development leadership and gift officers to identify prospects most likely to contribute to the Foundation's overall strategic fundraising goals. This position is part of the Development Operations Team and reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
1. Expectations for All Managers
Working closely with the Leadership Team:
- Develop and Influence Our Riley Community Culture: As a manager, realize the importance of modeling and influencing Our Riley Community culture. Exhibit trust, innovation and compassion.
- Lead the Way and Be Accountable: Manage staff in planning and organizing projects. Develop goals and accountabilities. Follow Foundation performance management practices and meet Human Resources deadlines. Model the way.
- Hire the Best: Have up-to-date job descriptions for all direct reports. Follow Foundation hiring practices. Prepare and participate in new employee orientation.
- Guide Your Staff: Set clear expectations and high standards of performance. Provide training, coaching, feedback and corrective action when necessary.
- Engage Your Staff: Be approachable to direct reports and others. Use forms of recognition to thank employees within your team and across the Foundation. Collaborate across the Foundation.
- Create a Best Practice Operation: Stay up-to-date on best practices. Effectively allocate resources. Manage budget as necessary. Establish metrics to minimize costs and maximize impact.
- Manager Training: Actively participate in all Manager Briefings and use the skills and behaviors identified.
2. Data Planning & Execution
- Working with the Chief Operating Officer, support the development and implementation of an integrated data plan that incorporates all Foundation systems to support fundraising and organizational goals.
- Identify resources needed to utilize data to support Foundation goals, develop plan to incorporate into decision making.
- Ongoing education and support of Foundation staff on utilization of data to support their business objectives.
- Evaluate requests from Foundation departments and determine appropriate technical assistance and resources to assist in the work flow, storage, and reporting of data, based on business objectives and potential ROI.
- Use research and data to measure outcomes and adapt strategies to ensure for continuous quality improvement and effectiveness.
3. Data Management and Reporting
- Database Management: Working with the Database Administrator/Analyst, serve as the primary resource for Development's database system tools. Manage key vendor relationships. Maintain an efficient SQL Server data warehouse for analysis and reporting needs.
- Data Analysis: Utilize data analysis tools, such as SQL Server and Einstein, to aggregate and analyze Foundation data in order to make actionable recommendations and answer key business questions. Develop and maintain predictive analytic models as appropriate to meet business goals.
- Reports: Manage the process of the creation and production of standard and customized database reports that meet the evolving needs of the fundraising team. Create and produce customized dashboards.
- Data Integrity: Manage the maintenance and data integrity of the Foundation's CRM database.
4. Prospect Development
- Research: Cultivate proactive research to assist the development team in their fundraising goals. Assess use of external resources to provide necessary research.
- Strategy and Relationship Management: Participate in strategic discussions with development leadership and gift officers regarding portfolio assignments, metrics setting and donor cultivation and solicitation plans. Oversee the establishment and implementation of the portfolio management process.
- Qualification Process: Work with the Prospect Development Analyst, Development Leaders, and other sources to identify, evaluate and recommend prospects to gift officers. Develop and implement a process for qualifying prospects through quantitative and qualitative analysis of biographical and financial data.
- Pipeline Management: Actively assess pipeline of prospects to keep portfolios evenly distributed, achieving industry best practices for distribution and ensuring the development team is focused on prospects that achieve organizational objectives.
- Policies and Procedures: Establish and implement policies and procedures for the Fundraising Data Analytics team.
- Meetings: Prepare for and actively participate in all Riley Children's Foundation meetings as appropriate. Ensure expectations and tools for meeting agendas and follow-up are implemented.
- Budget: Work with your officer/direct manager to develop, manage and monitor the budget, staying within overall budget guidelines.
- Technology: Understand and effectively use the technology available at the Riley Children's Foundation.
- Compliance: Ensure strict compliance with all Foundation policies, as well as local, state and federal laws that govern business practices.
6. Other Duties as Assigned
- Riley Children's Foundation Events: Participate in Riley Children's Foundation Events as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience: Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Development Operations, Data Analytics, Prospect Development or relevant field. Three years of people management experience is preferred.
- Technology: Experience with:
- Salesforce (certifications are a plus)
- Predictive analytics software
- SQL programming
- Skills: Well-informed of current research techniques and resources. Extensive knowledge of relational databases and experience managing and querying large datasets. Experience with data visualization methodologies, best practices, and tools. Ability to read and understand financial statements and data. The ability to present research to a diverse audience with a strong focus on service and relationship-building. Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills. Sensitivity to needs of donors. Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects. Proven ability to supervise and train others. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products with a key focus on Word, Excel and Outlook; experience with SharePoint is a plus. Proficiency in use of databases.
- Qualities: Personal belief in Riley Children's Foundation vision, mission, core values and strategic direction. Results oriented. Ability to work independently under pressure and effectively prioritize a varied and diverse workload. Creative and resourceful. Inquisitive and sharp minded coupled with demonstrated aptitude for strategic donor or customer experience strategy. Self-motivating and self-starting. Team player. Must adhere to the highest ethical and confidentiality standards. Professional demeanor.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by March 5.