Research Analyst-Purdue for Life Foundation - Purdue Research Foundation
- 15-Feb-2021 to 05-Mar-2021
- - Purdue Research Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
· Utilize public information to gather, interpret, and organize relevant indicators of prospect quality; identify and rate new prospects in order to grow the prospect pipeline and ensure the best prospects are actively qualified and managed by fundraising professionals.
· Prepare thoughtful, concise and relevant research and summaries on individual, corporate and foundation prospects in support of senior leadership and fundraising professionals to further Purdue's fundraising priorities.
· Partner with fundraising professionals in evaluating prospects based on estimated wealth and assets, giving capacities, engagement, as well as other factors, in order to create cultivation and solicitation strategies.
· Serve as a resource to fundraising professionals and their staff in the use of research materials, on-line databases, prospect development functions of Salesforce Ascend, and other related tools.
· Collaborate with Chief Development Officers and other fundraising professionals to use actionable data in support of donor/prospect strategy.
· Ensure that Purdue for Life's records (on-line alumni/development database and documents) contain accurate and complete information.
· Consult with and advise the Information Services staff and other development offices or departments, as needed, during key system updates and electronic screening implementation.
· Participate in other appropriate projects, as determined and assigned by the Assistant Vice President or Associate Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Significant aptitude with research methods and strong computer skills are required; experience with relational databases preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a clear, concise writing style.
· Effective interpersonal skills and good organizational skills are required.
· Must have knowledge of how to search commercial on-line databases, internet websites, and other more traditional resource materials.
· Must be self-motivated, self-directed, and highly-organized individual who works well under deadlines.
· A sense of curiosity and enthusiasm about learning and commitment to professional growth.
· Regular and reliable attendance are requirements of this position.
· Bachelor's degree in Library Science, Journalism, Liberal Arts, Business, or a related field required.
· Two years related experience in nonprofit, education or related organization required or equivalent combination of experience and training; development and fundraising experience, preferably in an academic environment.
· Similar experience acceptable in business (e.g., corporate intelligence, legal research, marketing, journalism, or libraries).
Click the APPLY button to begin the application process. The application deadline is Friday, March 5, 2021. A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance test are required for employment in this position.
Purdue Research Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. PRF views, evaluates, and treats all persons in all Foundation-related activities solely as individuals on the basis of their own personal abilities, qualifications, and other relevant characteristics. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or status as a veteran.