Resource Development & Marketing Manager - Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis
- 22-Feb-2021 to 23-Mar-2021
- - Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Resource Development & Marketing Manager responsibility will center on BGCI's Strategic Planning and the strengthening of the organizations capacity to deliver strong outcomes within a culture that embraces learning and continuous improvement. In addition, The Resource Development & Marketing Manager will serve as an integral member of the development team and will be a central point of contact for donors and partners. We are seeking a professional to utilize his/her skills to connect donors to the impact they are making on the lives of youth in Indy. The Resource Development & Marketing Manager must have sufficient skills and experience to quickly gain the trust and confidence of colleagues at all levels. Finally, this opportunity is both outward facing and expected to be meeting with and building relationships with key players on a daily and weekly basis, and inward facing and expected to build a strong and competent team to support these efforts. Other duties may also be assigned, will provide some administrative support to the Senior Leadership team, majority of tasks require independent planning and prioritization and occasional local travel to clubs is required.
Role and Responsibilities
• Plan and execute steps for donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship for annual donors giving non-designated gifts to the annual fund.
• Further develop and implement Club Blue Giving society to establish a pipeline of annual giving donorsand major gift donors.
• Design and manage a comprehensive direct mail program and online giving strategies and analyze Direct Mail/e-mail solicitation program results data to refine and increase ROI.
• Works with the Director of Development and Marketing in securing sponsorships from corporations, individuals and community stakeholders.
• Works with the Director of Development and Marketing to track, manage and deliver sponsor benefits for each event.
• Plan and execute signature events for the organization including developing and managing volunteer committees and day of logistics.
• Enter any interactions with donors and community stakeholders into donor database.
• Work with Development and Marketing Department to create strategies in spreading mission awareness.
Works with Development and Marketing Department to identify and coordinate opportunities for partnership to further BGCI mission; serve as a BGCI representative in the community.
• Work closely with Director of Development and Marketing to develop and manage consistent messagingto donors and prospects that aligns with solicitation and donor-specific stewardship communications.
• Strategically manage a portfolio of individual donors and prospects.
• Work effectively with Director of Development and Marketing to identify new donors and build strategies for engaging and encouraging donors to give at higher levels.
• Collaborate with Director of Development and Marketing in planning and executing donor cultivationevents.
• Work closely with Service Program Manager to design and implement a strategic program to engage volunteers, young professionals, and alumni in becoming supporters of the annual giving campaign.
• Write and update acknowledgement thank you letter templates.
• Other related duties as assigned by Director of Development and Marketing.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor's degree required with 3-5 years of fundraising experience and proven track record for securing gifts.
• Strong commitment to the mission, vision, values and work of BGCI Clubs of Indianapolis
• Minimum two years professional experience in fundraising for a nonprofit organization preferred, or equivalent education and experience
• Ability to be analytical and demonstrate strategic and creative thinking
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent verbal and written communications
• Ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities and be detailed-oriented.
• Proven ability to exercise good and independent judgment and to act tactfully
• Curiosity about donor motivation to support BGCI; commitment to listen to donors to match their interests to BGCI initiatives
• Proficiency working with Bloomerang or ability to learn
• Knowledge and awareness of Philanthropic community in Indianapolis
• Skilled in MS Office Suite
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.