Executive Director - Indianapolis Rowing Center (IRC)
- 22-Feb-2021 to 23-Mar-2021
- - Indianapolis Rowing Center (IRC)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Executive Director is the acting Chief Operating Office of the Indianapolis Rowing Center (IRC), appointed by and serving the IRC Board of Directors. This individual's primary responsibility is to provide vision, management, and leadership continuity for IRC in a cooperative, unified, and open environment that also seeks to increase the diversity of IRC's membership, programs & offerings. This individual is responsible for developing programs, systems and tactics to implement the Strategic Plan & priorities established by the Board of Directors. In carrying out these duties, this individual is responsible for the success of IRC by hiring the appropriate staff; maintaining an operational culture that encourages staff to perform effectively; continually reassess & update plans, programs & goals to determine their appropriateness & cost effectiveness under varying circumstances; delegates authority to responsible staff & committees holding them accountable for agreed upon results while still being ultimately responsible; and ensures that approved plans & programs are carried out & effectively implemented. This individual is responsible for coordinating fund raising, sponsorship & grant proposals for the organization to support the outreach programs as well as operations. This individual is responsible for the financial management of the organization working with the treasurer & finance committee to manage the operating budget, program cost benefit, & restricted funds on a day to day basis, acting as a responsible steward. This individual is responsible for the implementation of the appropriate safety & risk management programs. This individual is responsible for supervision of the upkeep, maintenance & repair of all IRC facilities & equipment developing proactive plans to support the needs of the programs & IRC community.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
Fund Development: (50%)
• Develop & implement a systematic & strategic plan to raise funds to support IRC's mission including annual fund, fund raising events, sponsorships, individual giving & grant writing.
• Develop & implement plans to meet the annual fund raising targets established by the Board.
• Co-Lead, with the Chairperson, the Fund Development Committee to identify prospects, maintain & manage the donor data, manage the financial records, & donor acknowledgements.
● Responsible for hiring & firing of staff as well as ensuring expectations & required certifications & skills are developed.
● Oversee both internal & external communications including; website upgrades, updates & enhancements; staff, member & donor communications, social media updates.
● Oversee, working closely with Boathouse Manager, ongoing maintenance, procurement, repurposing & improvements to equipment, facility & course.
● Working with the Boathouse Manager to ensure a plan is in place & being implemented so that all seats in boats are row able.
● Oversee development & implementation of an equipment, facility & course plan that can support the current & future growth of the IRC programs.
● Serves as liaison to Indy Parks, DPW, City, Indy Sports Corp, NCAA, Big 10, US Rowing, other rowing organizations, Collegiate programs & any other external entity that needs to interact with IRC.
● Serves as the representative & director for all regattas & events.
● Lead the Visibility & Venue Committee working closely with the Chairperson, on establishing, implementing & meeting the goals & objectives established by the committee & approved by the Board.
● Lead the Operations (Boathouse/Programs) Committee working closely with the Chairperson, on establishing, implementing & meeting the goals & objectives established by the committee & approved by the Board.
Program Development: (15%)
• Oversee the growth and development of IRC programs including; Junior, Masters, Collegiate, and Outreach programs (Adaptive, Survioars, Cancer Support). This plan should include all seasons; Winter, spring, summer & fall.
• Expand programs to include Erg Ed & other school programs.
• Lead the Operations (Boathouse/Programs) Committee working closely with the Chairperson, on establishing, implementing & meeting the goals & objectives established by the committee & approved by the Board.
Financial Management: (15%)
● Responsible for the financial management of the organization working with the Treasurer & Finance Committee.
● Develops annual budget for board approval. Manages budget vs actuals ensuring proper management of IRC funds.
● Oversee timely & accurate filing of 990's.
● Develop, implement & manage financial procedures & systems. Review & approve dispensing of restricted scholarship funds.
● Validate that restricted funds are spent per designation & report regularly on the status.
● Review all program & events to ensure fees cover and exceed the expenses associated with that program or event.
● Lead the Finance Committee working closely with the Treasurer, on establishing, implementing & meeting the goals & objectives established by the committee & approved by the Board.
● Experience as a collegiate or master rower is preferred.
● Experience in coaching sweep and/or sculling (US Rowing coaching certification Level II or above preferred)
● General knowledge of rowing, sports and facility management, sports marketing is acceptable
● Experience at community networking & implementation of recruiting programs
● Experience with fund raising and/or sponsorships
● Demonstrated positive interactions with a wide variety of diverse individuals (e.g., gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation).
● Excellent organizational skills & ability to coordinate multiple priorities
● Ability to lead & direct diverse individuals, both volunteer & paid.
● Ability to communicate well both verbally & written, including the ability to understand & communicate effectively with diverse customers & co-workers.
● High energy level & passion to make IRC one of the best rowing centers in the United States.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Janet Klochko.