Chief Executive Officer - National FFA Organization
- 22-Feb-2021 to 23-Mar-2021
- - National FFA Organization
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
National FFA Organization is a school-based national youth leadership development organization of more than 760,000 student members as part of 8,700 local FFA chapters in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. The FFA mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education. For more, visit the National FFA Organization online at FFA.org and on Facebook and Twitter.
The CEO serves as the chief executive of the National FFA Organization and the National FFA Foundation. In partnership with the National FFA Board of Directors and National FFA Foundation Board of Trustees, the CEO is responsible for the short and long-term success of both organizations. Together, the CEO and the boards assure FFA's relevance to the agriculture industry and the agricultural education community; drive toward the accomplishment of the National FFA Organization's mission, vision, and strategic plan; and ensure accountability of the Organization and Foundation to their diverse constituencies.
The essential responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
· Bachelor's degree in business management/administration, agricultural education or related field is required. Advanced degree, including a Masters (MBA, MS, MA), Ph.D., or Ed.D., is preferred.
- Ten (10) years of progressive senior-management level experience, preferably as a chief executive officer in a related field and/or nonprofit industry.
- Extensive experience and engagement in agricultural education and/or the National FFA.
- Adept with diverse business functions including marketing/communications, strategic and financial management, educational programming, integrated technologies, facilities management, process improvement, and board protocols.
- Proven track record of exceptional leadership, developing partnerships, promoting diversity, interpersonal and relationship management experience.
- Past success working with a board of directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Exceptional public speaking, written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal, and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, transparent, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Strong ability to display passion, idealism, integrity, and a positive attitude that is mission-driven and self-directed.
- High-level strategic thinking and organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Adept in the operation of basic office equipment/skills such as utilizing the following software on a Microsoft Windows based computer: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and other web browser-based technologies.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.