Preschool Director - Fay Biccard Glick Neighborhood Center at Crooked Creek
- 22-Feb-2021 to 23-Mar-2021
- - Fay Biccard Glick Neighborhood Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Preschool Director fulfills a thorough job. The Preschool Director works as a management professional to develop and implement the preschool programs. The Preschool Director's responsibility includes the operation and instructional leadership of the FBGNC preschool facility. The Preschool Director will train and supervise staff, set instructional objectives, and build a rapport with parents.
SUPERVISES: Lead and Assistant Teachers, Assistant. Director, Supervisors, and Enrollment Specialist
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION:
• Develop and maintain a safe and supportive environment that supports the needs and interests of each child and fosters positive and supportive relationships between youth and staff
• Develop and maintain required reports, ensuring accuracy and timely submission as required by state policies and procedures
• Develops and maintains positive relationships and regular communication with parent-clients; facilitates or directly provides mediation and resolution to parent-program conflicts that arise
• Create and deliver various youth programs that engage the youth of all ages in developmentally appropriate projects ranging from social, recreational, educational, and enrichment activities.
• Design and implement professional development and ongoing staff development to enhance individual staff
• Develop curriculum utilizing Hi-Scope and Dual Language curriculum
Promote FBGNC activities and programming to attract new residents, volunteers, and collaborating partners
Attain, maintain and ensure compliance with all center programs, including FSSA, On MyWay, CCDF, and CACFP
Maintain ongoing documentation of daily activities, work with youth, families, and staff
Maintain accurate records, including attendance, finances, incidents reports, etc.
Participate in ongoing program evaluations, both internal and external effectiveness of all services through community surveys, observation, and evaluation
Works closely with the Executive Director to ensure the efficient administrative operation of the center
Ensure FBGNC has adequate partnerships, including family and academic programming
Ensure effective integration of support services, including assessment programs, family services, education, and treatment
Assist with the creation of Preschool curriculum and contracts for partners and community leaders that will work to support the Preschool center
The Preschool Director is an active, contributing member of the organization's Management Team, providing executive director input on policy and other matters affecting the organization.
Preschool Director communicates critical messages on the Management Team's decisions to center staff on an ongoing basis.
HUMAN RESOURCES FUNCTIONS
Actively participate in staff development planning, goal setting, reviews, and other human resource activities through a staff meeting
Ensures appropriate professional development opportunities are made available to center staff, within center and organizations budget parameters, and following identified training needs of staff at the center
Conducts ongoing informal and annual formal performance evaluations of center staff
PUBLIC RELATIONS ACTIVITIES
Market the FBGNC Preschool and FBGNC programs by traveling throughout Pike and Washington Townships
Make presentations to affiliates, organizations, and others with interest in the FBGNC Preschool
Represents the agency by participation on committees in the child care community
DEVELOPING AND MANAGING FINANCIAL RESOURCES FUNCTIONS
Manage data and data management systems for Preschool (paper and electronic)
Assist with the development of yearly budgets and budget tracking associated with Preschool revenues
Assist in the development of fundraising proposals and assist in setting grant writing goals for the upcoming year.
Assist with and prepare accounts receivable invoices, grant reports, and other contract compliance activities
Ensure that invoices from contracted partners are correctly submitted to the Executive Director
Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
Strong sense of business management
Well-developed administration skills
Ability to multitask and handle challenging situations and stringent circumstances
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Exceptional organizational and time management skills
Possess a passion and dedication towards the work and the ability to perform duties with devotion
Possess a "go-getter' attitude towards work
Excellent organizational skills, attentiveness to detail, and follow-through
Background in Early Childhood or Education and understanding of social/emotional needs of youth
Bilingual in Spanish
Minimum two years' experience with collaborative, team-oriented environments required
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The work environment is a standard office environment. The employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions due to travel.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
• This Job's specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing this Job's duties, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, listen, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.