Volunteer Coordinator - Brooke's Place
- 22-Feb-2021 to 19-Mar-2021
- - Brooke's Place
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Brooke's Place is a nonprofit organization working to create a community where children, teens, young adults and their families living with grief feel supported and understood. Brooke's Place provides support groups, therapy services and community education to empower children, teens, young adults and their families to thrive in the midst of grief. Since 1999, Brooke's Place has provided grief peer support groups to over 9,000 young people and their families with hurting hearts.
● Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years of experience in human services/behavioral health fields, or other related fields (e.g., public health, nonprofit management, marketing, education).
● Bereavement support experience, an understanding of childhood & adolescent development, and knowledge of play therapy are preferred but not required.
As part of the Ongoing Support Group program team, this position will be responsible for the recruitment, training, coordination and retainment of the Brooke's Place ongoing support group (OGSG) program volunteers. The Volunteer Coordinator (VC) will directly coordinate volunteers at assigned ongoing support group program nights, and work with the OGSG team to ensure that the highest level of quality care is provided to Brooke's Place families through well-trained and supported volunteers. TheVC will assist as needed in the recruitment and coordination of additional volunteer placements for Brooke's Place events and community outreach.
● Develop and implement a volunteer recruitment plan for the effective capacity building and sustainment of OGSG program volunteers.
● Develop and maintain community partnerships in relation to volunteer recruitment, placement and capacity- building within the OGSG program.
● Coordinate volunteers for Speaker's Bureau events and exhibits at various community events.
● Assist with additional program, special event and organizational volunteer recruitment as needed. Training
● Complete the Brooke's Place Facilitator Training Workshop.
● Manage the application, pre-interview, post-interview and background check processes for all OGSG prospective volunteers.
● Assist in the scheduling, preparation and presentation of the Brooke's Place Facilitator Training workshops
● Manage the Lessonly online learning platform as related to Facilitator Training workshops.
● Coordinate the planning, management and direct oversight for the OGSG program volunteers on two evenings per week.
● Provide facilitation within Brooke's Place OGSG program nights as needed.
● Assist in coordinating and attending special events for Brooke's Place families.
● Ensure all program policies are adhered to by families and volunteers.
● Procure program supplies and track program expenses.
● Provide phone support for prospective and current volunteers, community consultations & referrals.
● Coordinate and assist in program volunteer open houses, appreciation and recognition efforts and events.
● Coordinate ongoing training & continuing education opportunities for OGSG program volunteers.
Administrative Volunteer Management
● Effectively manage the Bloomerang database system related to OGSG volunteers.
● Track & report volunteer metrics, demographics and survey data related to OGSG program volunteers.
● Uphold and implement the agency's vision, mission, principles and values.
● Actively participate in staff, program meetings, professional development, and special events as scheduled.
● Provide presentations to interested organizations about the bereavement services offered by Brooke's Place.
● Participate in the budget process, representing needs and goals of program coordination areas.
● Demonstrate appropriate professional conduct and boundaries with all Brooke's Place constituents, including staff, families, volunteers, donors and interns.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills to effectively communicate
● Ability to think creatively toward future strategic expansion goals
● Ability to execute aspects of strategic plans and implement new programs
● Effective time management skills
● Ability to enhance and expand programming and events
● Therapeutic skills specific to the childhood bereavement population
● Computer experience (Microsoft suite, presentations, database)
● Attention to detail
● Organizational and time management skills to manage multiple priorities in a complex work environment
● Problem solving skills and the ability to mediate conflict
● Evenings: Mondays & Tuesdays (1:30-9:30pm) - Direct OGSG Program Service
● Daytime: Wednesday - Friday (8:30am-4:30pm) - Office Hours *Flexibility as approved by Supervisor to accommodate the schedule of prospective volunteer interviews and other necessary work commitments
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Provide two examples showing that your background is uniquely qualified for this position.
2. What fuels your passion for this position?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by March 19th, 2021 No phone calls please.