Director, Resident Success - Gene B. Glick Company
- 22-Feb-2021 to 23-Mar-2021
- - Gene B. Glick Company
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- excellent benefit package
Glick Philanthropies is a family of charitable initiatives, programs and organizations focused on building community and creating opportunity. Together, Glick Philanthropies strives to strengthen the quality of life incentral Indiana and in communities where Gene B. Glick Company properties are located to ensure that peoplein those communities can reach their full potential and lead lives of dignity. Part of Glick Philanthropies, the Glick Housing Foundation is dedicated to the acquisition, development and preservation of quality, affordable housing for low-income residents. Understanding that safe and stable housing is foundational to strong communities, the Housing Foundation manages a portfolio of 32 nonprofit affordable housing properties, with over 6,000 units. Through funding from the Glick Family Foundation, all Housing Foundation properties employ on-site service coordinators to help residents navigate community services and build bridges to self-sufficiency.
Responsible for developing, implementing, managing and evaluating strategies that support resident success. Resident success strategies include, but are not limited to, Service Coordination programs, Resident Success Centers and Supporting Vulnerable Populations initiatives.
Strategic Planning and Evaluation
• Develop and implement strategic goals, objectives and tactics for Glick Resident Success strategies.
• Continually assess the resources, capacity and structure needed to fulfill strategic goals.
• Monitor and evaluate the short, intermediate and long-term impacts of all Glick Resident Success strategies.
Service Coordination Programs
• Supervise the Service Coordinator Manager team to ensure properties with Service Coordination Programs are provided programming support and resources, operation guidelines, partnership development and management support, operational procedures, continuing education and training, quality assurance, grant management, data systems support and program evaluation.
• Work with Property Management to ensure Service Coordination Programs are fully integrated with Glick's property management approach, practices and policies.
• Ensure all records, reports, and documents required by the company and federal and/or state agencies timely, accurately and in accordance with quality assurance guidelines.
Resident Success Centers
• Oversee the operations of Resident Success Centers located at Glick Housing Foundation properties.
• Develop and implement operating, growth and sustainability plans for Resident Success Centers.
• Develop a financial model sufficient to ensure the financial health of Resident Success Centers.
• Research and develop best practices for program design and proof of concept in support of Resident Success Centers.
• Document program models and research and prepare for replication to other sites.
• Evaluate and report on the impact of the Resident Success Centers to the Glick Housing Foundation and Glick Family Foundation Board of Directors.
• Develop plan to expand or replicate programs that are determined to be successful.
Supporting Vulnerable Populations
• Lead strategies that leverage Glick Philanthropies housing and financial resources to support vulnerable populations including individuals and families that have experienced homelessness.
• Oversee the development and implementation of the Supporting Vulnerable Populations strategic goals and priorities.
• Evaluate and manage partnerships with nonprofits seeking housing for vulnerable populations.
• Prepare all reports and correspondence and handle complaints and/or problems timely and accurately.
• Represent the Company in the areas where designated projects are located.
• Ensure all programs follow federal and state regulations and policies.
• Promote the value and impact of resident success strategies to internal and external audiences.
• Identify opportunities for thought leadership, collaboration, resident testimonials and impact communication.
• Develop annual operating budgets for all Resident Success strategies including the Service Coordination programs, Resident Success Centers and Supporting Vulnerable Populations initiatives.
• Oversee the management of all grant funding including funding from HUD, Glick Housing Foundation, Glick Family Foundation and other sources.
• Diversify funding sources for all Resident Success strategies including building the case for HUD rent adjustments at Section 8 properties with Service Coordinators and pursing funding to help sustain and expand resident support services.
• Responsible for developing other resources necessary to support operation and mission, including fundraising, grant writing and grant management from individual, corporate, foundation and government sources.
• Review and analyze monthly program financial statements.
• Review and approve all financial reporting to HUD, Glick Housing Foundation, Glick Family Foundation and any other grant funders.
• Oversee the administration and monitoring of grant draws.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
• At least 5 years supervisory experience.
• Five or more years of applicable program development/management experience.
• Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
• Experience in grant writing and grant management.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet designated deadlines.
• Possesses a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Excellent organizational and workload prioritizing skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write clearly with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Must be able to read and comprehend the English language.
• Ability to organize, facilitate, and manage projects and meetings in an efficient and effective manner.
• Proficiency with basic office equipment and extensive knowledge of MS Office products is required. Experience working on the Internet and with integrated database software is also required.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
• Ability to travel between multiple office locations and attend off premise events, such as community events and meetings. Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License in the state of residence.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.