Administrative Assistant - Joy’s House
- 27-Feb-2021 to 28-Mar-2021
- - Joy’s House
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Joy's House serves adults living with life-altering diagnoses and their families by providing exceptional adult day and caregiver services. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing the office administration and executive assistant functions.
We envision a world where all individuals with life-altering diagnoses and their families are living fulfilled lives of knowledge, choice, and comfort.
It's not just a job, it's a mission and how we work id defined by our values: self-worth, fulfilled lives, safety, individuality, truthfulness, comfort, and inclusion. It is coming together to serve families by providing exceptional adult day and caregiver services.
Job Summary: Joy's House retains a compassionate individual to champion our values of self-worth, fulfilled lives, safety, individuality, truthfulness, comfort, and inclusion in this position. This role will join our Joy's House team to serve our families and community by providing exceptional adult day and caregiver services.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing the office administration and all executive assistant functions.
• Support Joy's House President/CEO and Board of Directors
o Assist President in managing her calendar, scheduling appointments, speaking engagements, annual calendar, etc.
o In collaboration with President, prepare meeting agendas, reports, handouts to send out in advance of board and executive committee meetings
o Support growth of Caregiver Crossing, including, but not limited to researching and scheduling guests, managing project timelines, managing library of content
o Coordinate, schedule, and setup meetings, etc. for Board, Executive Committee and Governance Committee meetings
o Document and maintain minutes for all board and committee meetings
o Maintain board contact list and communications, including meeting information and opportunities to engage
o Lead planning and implementation of Annual Retreat
o Assist President with monthly communication to all leadership entities
• Support Joy's House Office Operations
o Schedule and manage calendar for staff and reoccurring meetings
o Collect and distribute incoming mail daily
o Assist with preparation for agendas, handouts, documents, and maintains minutes for management, VP/Directors, and staff meetings
o Manage Staff at a Glance and Board at a Glance, and distribute appropriately
o Coordinate with phone service provider to add, update, and organize Joy's House phone lines and remote phones
o Coordinate with IT provider to set up new users, maintain inventory of computer assets, procure equipment for employees (new hires and existing)
o Coordinate house rentals (when applicable)
o Manage Quarterly Cleaning Days
o Oversee operational functions such as housekeys, passwords, and needs/wants list
- Support Care Services efforts
o Support Care Services Coordinator throughout the day, allowing for breaks as necessary
o Support initial and ongoing trainings
o Manage filing of paid invoices, credit card receipts, and other financial documents
o Maintain Medicaid waiver binder, organizing Guest ID number, patient number, etc.
o Update Moment Path for Guest scholarship information and inactive Guests
o Keep NOA binder updated with current Guests
- Support marketing efforts
o Support with management of forms, materials, and design
o Manage social media efforts
o Collect content, then create and distribute regular email newsletter communications
o Manage website updates as requested
o Handle merchandise inventory and orders
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Google Suite/Microsoft Teams
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Teams, Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Knowledge of social media best practices for various platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Experience or willingness to learn WordPress
- Experience or willingness to learn CRM, Bloomerang and e-newsletters
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Ability to build and effectively manage interpersonal relations at all levels including management, staff, board members and key partners
Characteristics of a Strong Candidate:
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work with a diverse group of people
• Excited about working for a compassionate nonprofit organization with other intelligent, motivated, and compassionate people
• A real people person - comfortable greeting our families and helping fellow employees take care of program demands
• Highly organized
• A team player who is willing to pitch in and help do what it takes to get the job done • Proactive and reliable
Education and/or equivalent experience:
Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or equivalent required. Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible work experience managing office administration and/or business functions or equivalent experience.
At Joy's House, we celebrate our value of Individuality and Inclusion.
Employment opportunities at Joy's House are based upon one's qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. Joy's House is an equal opportunity employer.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website.