Executive Director - Brightwood Community Center, Inc (BCC)
- 27-Feb-2021 to 28-Mar-2021
- - Brightwood Community Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
BCC is looking for a go-getter capable of assisting the Board expand our current programming and build a comprehensive multi-service agency, develop new partners, expand it's funding base, and obtain a new facility.
BCC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving the east side Martindale-Brightwood neighborhood. It is a small social service agency providing after school/tutoring, summer camp, and food assistance programs with a vision to grow and expand in it's response to community needs.
Summary of Duties/Responsibilities:
• Works closely with, and provides staff support to, Board of Directors
• Works with Treasurer and Finance Committee in managing and oversee the agencies financial status
• develop annual budget
• review, and present with Treasurer, monthly financial statements
• monitor compliance with approved agency budget and financial policy/procedures
• actively engage in a range of fund-raising strategies: grant writing, cultivate potential individual and corporate donors, plan fund-raising events
• Responsible for developing, implementing and oversight of all agency programs and developing new programs/services consistent with agency mission and goals.
• Responsible for and oversee volunteer recruitment
• Be face of BCC in the community
• Build and maintain a strong network of relationships with the Martindale-Brightwood neighborhood, schools, mental health agencies, and other social service agencies
• Market the agency
• Recruit, hire and supervise a diverse staff
• With the Board, develop, implement and oversee all agency policies and procedures
• Oversee facility management, operation and maintenance
• BA/BS in Social Work or related human service field. MSW preferred
• 3 - 5 yr experience in social service agency with increasing supervisory and administrative responsibilities
• Demonstrated leadership and administrative skills
• General knowledge of finances
• Ability to work independently, take initiative while working closely with the Board
• Good verbal and writing skills
• Organizational skills
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Describe your experience researching, planning and implementing a new program or project. Describe how you developed internal support and engaged new partners in the program/project.
2. Describe a time you needed to reorganize organizational structure or program format, how you did it, and the outcome.
3. In your most recent position, how did you ensure your programs matched the needs of your clients/community and were of higher quality compared to other providers.
4. Share your experience seeking grants and developing other fund-raising strategies.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.