Fundraising Specialist - ALS Association Indiana Chapter
- 27-Feb-2021 to 28-Mar-2021
- - ALS Association of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- 50% paid medical, dental, vision insurance (employee only), STD, Life Insurance, AD&D, and paid time off.
The ALS Association Indiana Chapter (ALSA-IN) has an opportunity for a Fundraising Specialist serving state of Indiana territory. Headquarters office located in Indianapolis, IN.
Fundraising Specialist will be the go-to person and problem-solver for all participant and donor inquiries, providing customer service efforts for events and constituent centered programs, including technology support for fundraising platforms. He/She will also direct marketing and communication activities, create social media content, maintain chapter, and event websites, lead Peer to Peer (P2P) fundraising efforts.
Revenue generation of $350,000.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors financial expenditures and progress against budgetary plan and takes appropriate measures to meet top line and bottom-line goals ensuring achieving revenue targets.
- Participate in community fundraising opportunities/events through various business development techniques including prospecting, targeted follow-up, and new lead generation.
- Comfortable with prospect identification, pipeline development, prospect research and relationship management throughout the donor lifecycle.
- Efficiently responds to customer service inquiries, with an eye to promoting and encouraging fundraising-focused behaviors in support of the mission of The Association.
- Walk to Defeat ALS – He/She is responsible for the creation and implementation of P2P fundraising including donor stewardship and relationship management, marketing of special event and strategic planning.
- Manage and coach Team Captains towards establishing recruitment and monetary goals based on market potential and role in achieving goals.
- Building relationships with Team Captains, through frequent face-to-face/virtual meetings according to the Walk to Defeat ALS timeline and business plan.
- Conducting a minimum of 10 face-to-face/virtual meetings per week.
- Recruit and manage volunteers to implement and successfully complete day of event logistics.
- Update Walk to Defeat ALS website(s) and shareable content.
- Facilitate the day-to-day operations / logistics of Walk to Defeat ALS, Community Fundraising Events, and ALS Today and Tomorrow Webinar Series.
- Provide thorough, timely, and accurate data entry of relevant information.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors for all Chapter programs and events.
- Work in tandem with the Director of Development to identify potential corporate and mid/major gift constituents.
- Perform administrative, event planning, marketing, social media, and other tasks related to P2P fundraising.
- Complete projects in a timely manner utilizing pre-defined timelines agreed upon by the Development team.
- Work collaboratively with Development Director and Executive Director
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree (Business or Non-Profit Management preferred) and/or 1+ years' experience in sales, fundraising or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of community organization, sales, fundraising, and marketing principles, practices, techniques, and trends.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including large and small group presentations, group facilitation, and training. Skill in written communications to include clear and concise narrative reports, evaluations and similar narrative pieces.
- Knowledge of forming strategic partnerships with Fortune 1000 companies or similar type organizations.
- Ability to travel up to 25% and overnight travel up to 5%.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends to attend meetings beyond the framework of the normal working schedule Monday – Friday 9am-5pm.
- Basic knowledge and skill with to use relevant tools (e.g., Salesforce, Classy, Blackbaud, Luminate, Microsoft Suite, etc.) word processing, email, presentations, and fundraising tracking.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds with the expectation that items in excess would be broken down into smaller components or additional assistance is required before lifting and/or moving.
- Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing national and local professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow.
About ALS and The ALS Association Indiana Chapter
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) otherwise known as Lou Gehrig disease, is a 100% fatal progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. Motor neurons reach from the brain to the spinal cord and from the spinal cord to the muscles throughout the body. When the motor neurons die the patients lose their ability to speak, eat, move, and eventually breathe. Average life expectancy is two to five years.
The ALS Association Indiana Chapter was founded in 1997 by two families touched by ALS to serve the needs of Hoosiers and their families living with the disease. Our mission is to discover treatments and a cure for ALS, and to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by ALS to live their lives to the fullest. The Chapter serves more than 500 patients and 2,500 caregivers across the state of Indiana.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
Why are you interested in this position and what do you hope to gain from the opportunity?
What are the best questions to ask a prospect at a donor lunch?
What type of fundraising ideas would you recommend for this organization?
How do you balance managing the fundraising work and the staff with the need to be out, meeting and asking?
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter and resume to Tina Kaetzel, Executive Director.