Outreach Director - Brooke's Place
- 27-Feb-2021 to 26-Mar-2021
- - Brooke's Place
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Health insurance, Short term and long term disability benefits available. SIMPLE IRA available upon employment with a 3% match. Three weeks of paid vacation to begin after 6 months of employment.
- Masters Degree in a behavioral health or human service field (e.g., counseling, social work, psychology, education, nonprofit management).
- Outreach development experience preferred.
- Bereavement support experience, an understanding of childhood & adolescent development, and knowledge of play therapy are preferred.
The Outreach Director will be responsible for the development and implementation of programming aimed at providing grief services to families impacted by homicide (as well as other causes of death), the African American and Latino communities, and other underserved areas and populations within our community through our mission. The geographic priority of Brooke's Place Outreach programming is Marion County. Outreach programming does not currently go beyond the doughnut counties surrounding Marion County.
This position will work closely with the Clinical Director and others on staff to expand access to Brooke's Place and its services. Outreach staff and outreach contract providers report to this position.
- Program Duties:
- Increase comprehensive access and referrals to Brooke's Place grief services for youth and families in the Greater Indianapolis area who have experienced a loved one dying of any cause, with an emphasis on outreach to services for families impacted by homicide, African American and Latino families, and other underserved areas and populations within our community.
- Create, cultivate and sustain partnerships within the Greater Indianapolis area to increase comprehensive access and referrals to Brooke's Place grief services.
- Provide management of the BP8 short-term grief support group program.
- Provide management of the Camp Healing Tree weekend program.
- Provide staff leadership with the CHT planning committee and BP staff to implement the CHT weekend.
- Implement a volunteer recruitment plan specific to Brooke's Place outreach.
- Assist with training community partners, practitioners and families on childhood bereavement and surviving homicides.
- Manage Brooke's Place program education at community outreach events and service fairs.
- Manage program reports and grant reports regarding the Outreach Program.
- Track and manage outreach program outcomes and implement tools for measuring program effectiveness.
- Counseling and Facilitation Duties:
- Complete the Brooke's Place Facilitator Training Program.
- Provide facilitation as needed within the BP8 programs.
- Provide direct service as needed within the Camp Healing Tree weekend program.
- General Duties:
- Uphold and implement the agency's vision, mission, principles and values.
- Actively participate in staff, program meetings, professional development, and special events as scheduled.
- Provide presentations to interested organizations about Brooke's Place programs and services.
- Participate in the budget process, representing needs and goals of the Outreach Program.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional conduct and boundaries with all Brooke's Place constituents, including staff, families, volunteers, donors and interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and partnership development skills
- Ability to effectively lead a team toward program goals
- Ability to think creatively toward future strategic expansion goals
- Ability to execute aspects of strategic plans and implement programs
- Therapeutic skills specific to the childhood bereavement population is preferred
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office programs; database experience preferred
- Attention to detail
- Organizational and time management skills to manage multiple priorities in a complex work environment
- Problem solving skills and the ability to mediate conflict
- Bilingual (English and Spanish speaking) is preferred
- Days (office hours Mon – Fri 8:30am – 4:30pm) and some evenings- Specific times & days depend upon program needs.
- These hours/days have the potential of being flexible upon supervisor approval.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, salary expectations, along with resume and 3 references by March 26.
No phone calls please.
REQUIRED APPLICATION QUESTIONS (to be answered in the applicant's cover letter):
*Applications that do not answer these questions will not be considered.
- Provide two examples showing that your background is uniquely qualified for this position.
- What fuels your passion for this position?