Manager, Purchasing & Supplier Diversity - The Indianapolis Public Library
- 27-Feb-2021 to 28-Mar-2021
- - Indianapolis Public Library
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- robust compensation package
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits
A successful candidate will...
- Have a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related area.
- Have 5 to 8 years of experience in procurement, supplier management, supplier diversity management, contracting, or related area.
- Have 2 to 5 years of work experience in public sector/government.
- Experience working with and advocating on behalf of diverse businesses.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently, proactively, and assertively within a complex organization.
- Have experience in supplier diversity efforts.
- Ability to create and maintain a comprehensive procurement/contracting guide for the Library
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Be available to work the scheduled hours.
What does the job look like?
- Manages the Library's supplier diversity goals and is responsible for all reporting regarding goals. Review proposals to evaluate proposed XBE utilization; monitor subcontractor commitments to ensure that XBE goals are being met; ensure vendor contract compliance; recommend solutions to bring noncompliant contractors into compliance; recommend sanctions within policy limits when compliance is not met; participate in pre-bid meetings and discuss XBE program requirements with contracting agencies, primary contractors and subcontractors; produce required XBE utilization reports; follow-up on subcontractor requirements and agreements and file all the documentation accordingly.
- Manage and coordinate with both internal and external stakeholders in the procurement process for all departmental needs including goods and supplies, professional services, construction, and renovation. Assist departments in drafting specifications and solicit RFP/RFQ/bids on all purchases over limits established by the purchasing policy. Oversee the RFP/RFQ/bids process of pre-bid meetings, tabulation, evaluation, and recommendation. Maintains bid document files in accordance with the Library's file retention policy.
- Oversees Library contracting process. Support business and functional stakeholders in the contracting process and maintain regular contact with legal counsel.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive procurement/contracting guide for the Library. Propose improvements to the current purchasing/contracting process that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business.
- Serves as a liaison between vendors, contractors, purchasing representatives, and partners of the Library to ensure up-to-date knowledge regarding products, quality and variety of materials, supplies, equipment and price trends. Establishes strong vendor relationships and ensures quality and performance of product and vendors meet Library requirements; Works to minimize the cost of products and services which meet the Library's needs.
- Manages the Library's inventory and supply ordering system and creates annual purchase orders for typical inventory items kept in the storeroom; manages the electronic office supply ordering system and the monitoring of the users for appropriate purchasing,
- Manages the distribution supplies throughout the Library System; follows up on material delivery schedules; evaluation of quality of materials; develops and maintains ordering system; develops changes to requisitions; orders and purchases all supplies and equipment; prepares Purchase Orders; obtains feedback on equipment performance.
- Approves all requisitions and reviews open purchase orders. Authorizes or recommends purchases according to Library Policy; communicates with vendors and staff regarding the status of orders. Prepare and review billing and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Ensure Departments follow proper process for disposal of surplus property or obsolete equipment.
- Monitors contracts for expiration/renewal.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal statutes, State Board of Accounts (SBOA) guidelines, Library Business Utilization Plan, Library Policies and Board resolutions.
- Provides public information and clarification of procurement policies and procedures; participates in meetings and vendor fairs; and makes recommendations on improving procurement operations.
- Supervises Order Fulfillment Assistant.
- Able to manage changing priorities on a daily or hourly basis.
- Able to multi-task regularly and work with constant interruptions.
- Able to work the normally scheduled work time for this position.
- Able to cope with daily job-related stress.
Note: This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The list of essential functions does not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent in this position.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.