Program Director - Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis
- 08-Mar-2021 to 12-Mar-2021
- - Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Under the supervision of the Unit Director, the Program Director has responsibility for the overall management of the Club program including: program development, implementation and evaluation; staff supervision; volunteer management; budget management; facility management; and, establishment of school/community collaborations. Club programs operate from 3:00 - 9:00 p.m. Monday - Friday during the school year, and 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday during non-school days. Program Director typical hours are 1:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. throughout the school year, and 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. during out of school times.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Promote participation in overall club activities and events by establishing positive relationships with youth, parents and community members.
- Provide supervision for the overall club program, including: the planning implementation and evaluation of programs in 5 core program areas which address age- and gender-specific needs and interests.
- Ensure implementation of the Youth Development Strategy by qualified professional staff members.
- Establish and maintain effective staff recruitment, hiring, and staff training and development practices.
- Ensure proper maintenance and operation of the physical building, equipment, and surrounding grounds.
- Ensure that the assigned unit carries out the policies, procedures and objectives of the organization.
- Maintain and submit accurate records of program schedules, attendance, and outcome measurement.
- Monitor and submit Financial Request forms and expenditure receipts in a timely manner.
- Create opportunities for collaboration with parents, local schools, and other community service organizations.
Bachelors Degree from a four year accredited college or university in a field related to management, youth guidance, education and/or social science.
Special understanding of the needs and interests of urban youth in the areas of education and career development, character & leadership development, health and life skills, the arts, sports, fitness and recreation
At least two years experience working with youth..
Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating of youth programs.
Demonstrated experience in supervising, managing, and developing other employees.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Lynnea Redmon by March 12