Community Relations Specialist - LIFEDesigns Inc.
- 08-Mar-2021 to 07-Apr-2021
- - LIFEDesigns
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Our agency strongly believes that every individual deserves the opportunity to achieve their fullest potential, including employment, continuing education and community participation. The Community Relations Specialist is responsible for the planning and implementation of all fundraising campaigns. The position is also responsible for grant writing, communications and assisting with event planning so that LIFEDesigns achieves the agency mission: "Partner with and promote independence for individuals with disabilities."
Duties and responsibilities
- Research potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs, and donation habits to understand how to position LIFEDesigns to them.
- Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor relationships on a regular basis.
- Serve as liaison to the LIFEDesigns Ambassador Program.
- Assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to raise funds for the agency.
- Leverage technology, including social media and donor management system, to improve fundraising activities and communication with actual and potential donors. This includes development of content for website and social media related to fundraising and marketing.
- Assist in planning and coordinating events meant to raise funds such as Golf for Independence, Month of Chocolate, and others as directed by supervisor, and attend these events.
- Analyze the performance of events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness and to identify how to improve net results.
- Evaluate grant opportunities and develop winning grant proposals, interim and closeout reports
- Primary author of the Annual Report
- May be required to perform direct client services unless medically exempt.
- Complete other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related field is required. Experience in fundraising, grant writing, event planning, and/or marketing is required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, good time management skills, ability to work with limited direction, are required. Master's degree in non-profit management, philanthropy, or related field and minimum of 3 years professional experience in a development/fundraising position preferred. A valid driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle report is required.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.