Membership and Communications Coordinator - Raybourn Group International
- 08-Mar-2021 to 07-Apr-2021
- - Raybourn Group International (RGI)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Raybourn Group International (RGI) is seeking a membership and communications coordinator to serve an international association client.
RGI is an AMC Institute Accredited Association Management Company. We provide outsourced association management, event planning and consulting services for dozens of non-profits, trade associations and professional societies. Founded in 1988, RGI manages associations of varying sizes and budgets, ranging from local, to regional, to national, to international. On a daily basis, we provide a number of services for our clients, including strategic planning, financial management, executive management, membership development, marketing/public relations, publications and social media, educational/professional development, and meeting/event planning, among others.
Supporting the client and client team by handling daily tasks related to membership and communications.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of ongoing membership recruitment and retention materials.
- Maintain database and perform data cleanup tasks as needed to ensure accurate membership records.
- Work with Student Chapter leaders to maintain accurate leadership rosters and process membership renewals.
- Assist volunteer leaders with communications development and membership updates.
- Support planning and coordination of programs and services and their related activities.
- Communications (Internal and External)
- Generate member communications including bi-weekly newsletter.
- Develop, implement and manage association's social media strategy and build social networking presence through various platforms.
- Create and distribute all association press releases.
- Maintain integrity of association branding.
- Keep association's website content updated and make changes as requested.
- Utilize WordPress CMS to keep various websites current and updated.
- Provide monthly analysis of website usage, social media traffic etc. making recommendations for improvements.
- Assist members in using website as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: A bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing, communications, or journalism, is desired with one to three years of related experience, preferably with a membership association. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Language Skills: Excellent writing, spelling and grammar skills. High level of accuracy with skills for proofreading all work produced. Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style.
Software Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook. Knowledge of social media platforms LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. Experience with email marketing and online survey tools is preferred but not required. Knowledge of database management software and member engagement platforms preferred but not required.
Other Skills and Abilities: Strong project management and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple overlapping production deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to work in a team environment under strict deadlines.
- Work during office hours, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern time.
- Possible out of state travel to two conferences annually for a total of nine days each year.
- Trustworthy to manage and be involved in networking and interacting with members.
- Prior association/membership exposure helpful.
- Exceptional customer service skills and global cultural awareness desired.
- Understanding of higher education practices helpful.
This position posting is not intended to be and should not be construed, as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the overall position requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions.