Communications/Marketing Intern (Part-Time) - EdChoice
- 08-Mar-2021 to 24-Mar-2021
- - EdChoice
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Competitive salary is commensurate with the position and candidate’s experience
- Part Time
EdChoice, a national nonprofit organization that promotes state-based educational choice programs, is seeking a Communications/Marketing Intern. This position will provide the EdChoice Communications team with data collection and website support. Intern will gain experience working as part of a professional communications team for a national nonprofit. Responsibilities will include data and analytics reporting and general communications support.
Successful candidate will have:
- High school degree or equivalent with experience in marketing or communications; preferred candidate will be pursuing college degree in marketing or communications.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Web experience a plus.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
Full Job Description:
Purpose: To provide EdChoice Communications team with data collection and website support.
Supervised by: Marketing Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
Data and Analytics Reporting
- Compiling the following data each month: analytics for all EdChoice social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others currently in development); email open, click-through, delivery and deliverability rates; earned media placement and reach; website usage and engagement.
- Ensuring all reports are up-to-date on the server.
- Assisting the team with semi-annual reports to the Board of Directors and reports as requested either by the CEO or Board members.
- Working collaboratively with research and state teams to upload edits/changes required to keep web content up to date.
- Assist communications team building new landing pages for the website, including: blog posts, podcasts, research reports and polls, new program pages, and other new content or campaign-specific pages.
- There is the possibility that this position could include some basic list-building within our Salesforce CRM to support our email program; this will be determined by the Marketing Director based on the skill level of the Intern.
EdChoice is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to advancing full and unencumbered educational choice as the best pathway to successful lives and a stronger society. EdChoice believes that families, not bureaucrats, are best equipped to make K-12 schooling decisions for their children. The organization works at the state level to educate diverse audiences, train advocates and engage policymakers on the benefits of high-quality school choice programs. EdChoice is the intellectual legacy of Milton and Rose D. Friedman, who founded the organization in 1996.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter detailing interest in the position and EdChoice mission, resumé, and writing sample by March 24.