Vice President of Equity Advancement - YMCA of Greater Indianapolis
- 08-Mar-2021 to 07-Apr-2021
- - YMCA of Greater Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $89,227.00- $100,380.00
- Full Time
There has never been a better time to join the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis! One of the leading YMCA's in the country, our employees enjoy a diverse & inclusive environment and the opportunity to do cause-driven work to impact our communities through Youth Development, Healthy Living & Social Responsibility. If you are interested and have the skills and desire to make a difference, please continue by completing our online application. Thank you for your interest in our Y!
Under the direction of the President/Chief Executive Officer and in partnership with the senior leadership team, the VP of Equity Advancement helps develop internal and external diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies and implements key tactics that strengthen organizational capacity to deliver the Y's mission and cause.
Responsible for linking diversity, equity, inclusion and global initiatives and programs across the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis operations and priorities. Manages and/or supports activities related to the sustainability and advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion in programs for the Association. Partners with leaders across the organization to ensure the Association recruits, retains, engages and develops qualified, diverse employees and volunteers.
This position will provide leadership in researching and developing strategies to better serve and engage all segments of our community in areas including membership, programs, volunteers, employees, suppliers, donors and community partnerships.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years' experience with demonstrated success integrating diversity and inclusion experience in training, communication, human resources, or other related operational areas.
- Skilled at designing and implementing effective diversity and inclusion programs.
- Skilled trainer and facilitator in diversity and inclusion related experiences such as unconscious bias.
- Ability to lead and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in working with newcomer and new immigrant populations helpful.
- Skills in collaboration, managing change, and building consensus.
- Must think strategically, operate tactically and impact collaboratively
- Project management experience with ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and skilled at building and maintaining community relationships.
- Ability to travel throughout Central Indiana and periodically travel to national and regional meetings and events.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to define problems, collect data and draw valid conclusions.
- Effective listening and resolution skills.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to adapt to new software.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS
Effectively performing the principal responsibilities of the position will ensure:
- Staff are well informed of and able to demonstrate cultural competence with regards to diversity and inclusion.
- A learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches.
- The Y's values within the organization and the community are reinforced.
- Strategies are developed to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community.
- Members and community are involved in the development of programs and activities.
- Best practices are used and up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology are demonstrated.
Our purpose is to practice inclusion by valuing the diversity of all people within our association and the communities we serve. We do so by helping our YMCA increase and support the cultural competence of staff, members, volunteers and the various publics we serve. Diversity is the mosaic of people who bring a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, beliefs, and competencies as assets to the YMCA.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.