Home Delivery Services Associate - Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana
- 08-Mar-2021 to 07-Apr-2021
- - Gleaners’ Food Bank
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Position Purpose: The Home Delivery Services Associate will contribute to Gleaners' efforts to reduce food insecurity by responding to requests from clients in need of emergency home delivered food. This position will report to the Manager of Home Delivery Services.
Position Essential Functions and Responsibilities: To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions/responsibilities listed below. Nothing in this description restricts the right of management to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, without notice; however, Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
- Initiate prompt communication through the phone with clients whom have requested home delivered food assistance.
- Qualify and register clients for home delivered food assistance and ensure that client responses are documented timely and accurately in program software.
- Employ culturally competent and empathetic communication skills during each client interaction.
- Provide prompt communication to Manager of Home Delivery Services regarding any client/food quality/delivery issues.
- Work with Home Delivery Services Transportation Lead to ensure satisfactory resolution of client order issues.
- Provide topnotch customer service both internally and externally over the phone or email.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills/Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities an individual needs in order to perform this job successfully.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in human services preferred or equivalent experience
- Customer Service experience desired
- Bilingual preferred, but not required
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to effectively communicate with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Basic math and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm in high pressure situations.
- Experience with MS Excel/Word/Outlook and Google documents.
- Works independently and with others
Core Competencies: Communication, Customer Service, Reliability/Dependability, Respect and Integrity, Teamwork and Work Habits/Planning.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, and moving 25 pounds 1% of the time
- Moving within/between Department or Facility
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time
- Ability to speak clearly
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Office environment with frequent use of a computer and telephone.
- Fast Paced and deadline oriented.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Gleaners Food Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, pregnancy, leave status, genetic information, veteran status, creed, citizenship status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, or any other status or category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.